• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Is Reloading worth the time and effort?

It depends on one factor - is the cost of ammo probibiting you from enjoying the shooting sports more than you presently are? If your answer is yes then the answer to your above question is yes.

If just starting out find someone who can or will work with you, sometimes there is class on the site that gets to together to help give you the basis, you can usually get very good info on here. Remember, its a passion for accuracy, its not a race, or it could be a very expensive race and very damaging if its not taken seriously. Do alot of research before buying anything, read, read, read.

just a suggestion only, enjoy your new found passion good luck.....................

It becomes more worth it on less popular calibers. Your savings on 9, 40 and 45 is decent but not amazing. It is worth it if you shoot 500+ a month.

Now if you shoot 38 super, 380, 44 mag, 357 and many non 223/308 rifle calibers is significant. Especially if it is a hard to find ammo where you may already spend an hour or two looking for a place to order it.

Reloading is relaxing. Being able to focus on just one thing is a nice break for most people in todays world

You don't really save any money when you roll your own BUT you get to shoot more for the same price. So if you like shooting a lot give it a try if you only hit the range on occasion then stick to factory ammo.

I disagree about the "ABCs of reloading". It's 10-50 years out of date. Get the Lyman reloading manual.

The "ABCs of Reloading" contains articles written before the introduction of the .308 Winchester cartridge, and mentions tools that haven't been made in 30 years. While none of it is "wrong", many of the articles are describing tools from the ancient past.

I love the suggestions to send off 50 cents for the catalog from some of the vendors... I haven't done that since about 1990...

I don't have the time.

Not your problem and I have no beef whatsoever with you, but you just happen to say a statement that pushes my button.
We all have the exact same amount of time. It is the one true and divine equal playing field that everyone has, time. We are all given 24 hours, 1440 minutes, or 86400 seconds each day up until the day the ticker stops ticking. We allocate our time by what is needed or important to us.

And, yes, I did wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

If you are shooting less than 1000 rounds per year then buy reloaded/remanufactured ammo or steel cased. If you shoot more or multiple calibers or want to customize your loads then reloading will be the way to go.

It depends on one factor - is the cost of ammo probibiting you from enjoying the shooting sports more than you presently are? If your answer is yes then the answer to your above question is yes.

Straight to the point. That is a good perspective.

Back
Top Bottom