• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is there a rule on "bumping" your thread?

jeepinshep

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
12   0
Reaction score
I know that you have to wait 3 days to "relist" your item. But most of us use the "What's New" tab, and lately I've noticed a lot of people are "bumping" their ad(s) 3 or 4 times a day.

If there is a gun I'm interested in, but don't want to pay the inflated asking price, then I'll open the thread again when it shows up in the "What's New" tab, hoping that it has been bumped due to a price drop or amended trade list or something like that, only to see that the OP has posted "bump" several times in the last day or two.

Is there a rule regarding how often someone can "bump" their own ad?

Yeah I'm just referring to when the OP just posts the word "Bump" over and over again in the thread. Its different if they actually post some new information or edit the listing and submit a new post indicating that the listing has changed. But to open a thread and just see...

Bump

Bump

Bump

Bump

Bump

BTT

Bump

Back to the top

Bump

Bump

Its just a little annoying.

Sorry if it annoys anyone to have excess electrons on his computer screen - I figure someone might be talking about my reasonable and balanced prices (what Jeepinshep calls "inflated").

FYI - I specifically asked a Moderator about the policy (and several others) and was told there is not "bump" limit - in fact he replied "bump away" or something to that effect.

If I, personally, have annoyed any of you be assured that was not my intent, however, I am not going to stop if there is no policy against it. Likewise, until/unless there is a different rule, I will be the judge of what is excess since it clearly causes me more work to create the "bump" than it does you to ignore an ad if you wish.

Respectfully,

Mugsy

Generally excepted is once a day. However an occasional price adjustment or trade change is fine.
Most members adhere to this with out a policy. Just remember the bumps take bandwidth and this is a free site, so try not to take advantage of the "bumps"

Back
Top Bottom