• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is there a rule on "bumping" your thread?

It's probably becoming more popular to do just because we're getting busier. Threads spend less time on the first page than they used to so people use whatever method they can to keep their thread in the spotlight

I almost never bump a thread more than once in 24 hours, unless it is to add new information or trade interests.

For me, there's not enough people doing it often enough to be an annoyance. I would feel differently if it did more than put something back in "What's new" though

My personal Self-imposed policy is to bump my ads no more than once per day. After 3 days I will rewrite, add/remove info/pics, give my add a complete makeover and re-post it. Sometimes that may include a price change, sometimes not. I've found that the presentation is frequently more important to the success than a $25-$50 price drop.

I do see and have fallen for the hope that a freshly "bumped" post may mean it's been reduced in price or the trade list has expanded to include what I have to trade, only to be disappointed. sigh. :) Still I believe it's the OP's prerogative.

As an aside and not to imply anything negative about one party, I HAVE spoken at length to Mugsy. While our conversation did not result in a deal so I could not leave him feedback, I would like to state here that he is someone who I would proudly stand beside in any situation. As for giving disrespect, I KNOW he would not intentionally, especially over such a slight issue as this, be disrespectful to anyone.

We often misinterpret each others intent here because we can't see or hear one another. The emoticons can help but I still see(and get into) ridiculous arguments due to the impersonal nature of message boards. Hopefully the more we meet the less this will happen between us.

Bumping the same damn measly pistol 3 times in one day, with 2 bumps just 3 hours apart gets obnoxious. That and deleting a post, and putting a new one so it makes its way back to the top without the "bump". Though it's not going to happen, I'd be all in for a daily bump limit. People annoy the **** out of me on here....well not really... just one.
:ranger:

That and deleting a post, and putting a new one so it makes its way back to the top without the "bump".
:ranger:
I've wondered about that myself. I have seen ads posted and withdrawn within hours. "Going to keep it", etc. then listed later. Is this a violation of the rules?

I've wondered about that myself. I have seen ads posted and withdrawn within hours. "Going to keep it", etc. then listed later. Is this a violation of the rules?

It shouldn't happen, if it does then it just slipped through the cracks or a mod hasn't seen it yet.

And technically nothing goes back to the top of the list if you look at the actual classifieds forum. They all stay in the order they were listed in.

Back
Top Bottom