• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is there a rule on "bumping" your thread?

I don't like rules that have to be enforced by a person, it just creates more work for moderators.

Sorry if it annoys anyone to have excess electrons on his computer screen - I figure someone might be talking about my reasonable and balanced prices (what Jeepinshep calls "inflated").

FYI - I specifically asked a Moderator about the policy (and several others) and was told there is not "bump" limit - in fact he replied "bump away" or something to that effect.

If I, personally, have annoyed any of you be assured that was not my intent, however, I am not going to stop if there is no policy against it. Likewise, until/unless there is a different rule, I will be the judge of what is excess since it clearly causes me more work to create the "bump" than it does you to ignore an ad if you wish.

Respectfully,

Mugsy

Ummmm.... maybe go back and read my original post. I don't believe I mentioned your name in it anywhere. I wasn't being specific to anybody, just the general "bump 3 times a day" crowd. I made no mention of anything you're selling as being overpriced. This thread wasn't created to attack you. In fact, you aren't even the seller I had in mind when I created the thread.

I think its funny to call someone out like you did and defiantly say that you're going to do what you want no matter how much it annoys anybody else, then tag line it with a BS "Respectfully" salutation.

Just a side note...if you have to "bump" your thread over and over because nobody is responding to it....odds are your prices are "inflated"...

Last edited:
I don't like alot of bumps either, when I see a lot of bumps to me it shows that the item in the ad has a price that is too high, low quality or a not so popular/unwanted item ( set of used wheels for an '88 F150). You would think that after 3 or 4 bumps someone would adjust their ad.

Ummmm.... maybe go back and read my original post. I don't believe I mentioned your name in it anywhere. I wasn't being specific to anybody, just the general "bump 3 times a day" crowd. I made no mention of anything you're selling as being overpriced. This thread wasn't created to attack you. In fact, you aren't even the seller I had in mind when I created the thread.

I think its funny to call someone out like you did and defiantly say that you're going to do what you want no matter how much it annoys anybody else, then tag line it with a BS "Respectfully" salutation.

Just a side note...if you have to "bump" your thread over and over because nobody is responding to it....odds are your prices are "inflated"...

Jeep,

I think we are seeing the dilemma of text messaging - lack of non-verbal cues causes communication problems at times.

I accept that you weren't aiming your post at me but you had someone in mind and you were critiquing a practice I use so speaking up seemed appropriate.

As to calling out...how was I to quote your words without calling you out? That wasn't intended as a slam but to show that two people can see the same price from different viewpoints.

I do not accept that doing what is allowed (and specifically asked about in my case) is "defiant". It is stating that until/unless I hear a good argument against it or am told by moderators to limit/stop then I have every right to do this without prejudice. If I hear a good argument or am told to back off by mods I will without hesitation (though I may not be bumping quite as much as whomever you had in mind anyway).

As to your side note that bumping may be necessitated by high price - true it can be - but I have found that patience and re-listing (one way or another) as well as dealing fairly and squarely with folks usually gets me very close to the price I seek. Including my last three sales/trades on this board which all occurred after weeks of listing/re-listing. So, point taken but there is another aspect as well.

As for being respectful - I have never been anything but respectful toward anyone on this board - you included. I think it is very respectful to read your posts, state my position, point out that I will continue what I consider an allowed, legit practice until told otherwise and to do the whole thing without bad language, ad hominems, or ranting. That is respectful.

Jeep I respect your right to say what you said and read it all - I just disagreed - that's all - nothing disrespectful done or intended.

Respectfully,

Mugsy

Back
Top Bottom