It’s none of my business but…..

Sorry for your loss and the aftermath as I have been there as well. My father lived in the same house for 41yrs and basically never got rid of anything. I had asked him for years before his mind went bad due to dementia and Parkinsons, to go through everything and decide what he wanted to do with it all, but he would just put it off and off and off and off. His disease took over and then it became my problem. After clearing out the house I then had to make repairs and sell the home I grew up in. It was very difficult. My stepfather who was in his 70's came to my father's house to help me. He saw what I was going through and remarked that when he got back home he was immediately going through his own house and property so his son did not have to do what I was forced into.

If you are older then don't wait to decide where items should go and who should get what. Tomorrow is not promised to anyone. Get off your ass and take care of it so as to not burden family.

Long story short is my uncle passed away a few weeks ago and we’re trying to sort through years and years and years and years and years and years and years and years of stuff. The biggest issue we’re having right now is he literally collected everything from cardboard boxes he just didn’t throw away and other stuff that has no real value to extremely rare Colts, Rolexes, etc…. (Life of a pawn broker)

The issue is even as a family that knows a good bit about firearms there are guns that we have no clue about such as we found a super rough North American Arms 1911 and knew it was worth something but put it off to the side with other $500-1500 pistols. (see photos)

Here‘s my point…. its common for all of us to maybe undervalue our collection to loved ones but at the end of the day please let someone you trust know what you have (even if it’s written down somewhere) and this gun is the ultimate example of why!

Honestly it looks like an old piece of crap so we assumed it probably wasn’t worth much, it got set to the side…and it still would be sitting in the BS pile if we didn’t find the invoice from when he bought it 10 years ago.

*** As of right now NOTHING is for sale, we are still in the sorting stages and will be for sometime… once the dust settles I believe the higher dollar items will go get auctioned by RIA and I may bring some stuff up here and post them but that’s still months away.

And yes I stole the pictures of the gun off the internet auction from 2014 when he bought it.
View attachment 4232719View attachment 4232720View attachment 4232721
Sorry about your Uncle. I imagine my family will do the same when I'm gone but they will have to deal with NFA items.

Neat 1911 BTW.

My condolences to you for your uncle , SafeCracka SafeCracka - prayers for peace and comfort.

I have it kind of simple, i have one child, she gets everything. The only things i have that are worth anything are my house, guns and tools.
She pretty much has gotten all the guns that are worth a flip besides the token few i have left that i havent let her steal from me yet ! Lol.
There are only a few worth any moolah and those are sentimental so…. lolz.

Back
Top Bottom