• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

iTrader is not perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.
You say that now, but if someone leaves you one that isn't justified I think you would have a different opinion

Well if I was given a negative because some asshole who decided to be... well an asshole and it was unjust I think it's safe to say that we won't be doing business anymore but I don't think that everyone else on this site would write me off completely, especially the ones who I've already dealt with. My positives would out weigh the one negative I received and life would keep on going.

I have no idea what the volume of complaints is. Was wondering if you could delegate to a panel of judges, maybe 3 Mods, whose decision would be final. The panel could rotate say monthly to keep the responsibility from becoming too burdensome. Just a thought.

The iTrader system on forums is abused. While it seems like a great idea, it only opens the door for unnecessary, retaliatory feedback. It's too easy to leave a negative for someone in return just because they left you one even though yours may have been justified. I say if you are willing to integrate the feature into the site that you must be willing to litigate it at some level and I think you have been doing a great job with it.

I think we should remove the ratings system. We need to have an annual or biannual meeting and have the complainants face off in an octagon ring until one of them taps out or says they are sorry.

The iTrader system on forums is abused. While it seems like a great idea, it only opens the door for unnecessary, retaliatory feedback. It's too easy to leave a negative for someone in return just because they left you one even though yours may have been justified. I say if you are willing to integrate the feature into the site that you must be willing to litigate it at some level and I think you have been doing a great job with it.

This sums up my opinion as well. Very good idea but too easy for someone else to screw up your feedback due to hurt feelings.

The rating system is a "CATCH 22", damned if you do, and damned if you don't; while I am sure that some folks deserve NEGATIVE feedback, the HONOR SYSTEM plays a very crucial role, and some have NO HONOR, more so when pissed off! While I don't do much on eBay anymore, and don't recall the particulars of it, their rating system seemed to be working!

Steve, you have done a fantastic creating the site and staying on-top of it, keep up the good work; I for one appreciate it! Thanks!

Appeals board! Just get an odd number of mods (5 or 7 would work) and have all disputed feedback go through them. Both sides could be given a chance to submit their grievances/defense, and the mods could vote whether or not the feedback stands.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom