Its Range Day! What do you bring?

This is a generic list I keep. The specifics are determined by what I'm shooting and what I'm trying to accomplish.

Range List

Weapons

Ammo

Bipod

Rest

Bags

Targets

Stapler

Staples

Ears

Eyes

Cleaning rods

Rod guide

Cleaning snakes

Solvent

Lube

Patches

Brushes

Jags

Paper towels

Spotting scope

Short tripod

Chrono

Tall tripod

Notebook

Pen

Leatherman

Tools

This is a generic list I keep. The specifics are determined by what I'm shooting and what I'm trying to accomplish.

Range List

Weapons

Ammo

Bipod

Rest

Bags

Targets

Ears

Eyes

Cleaning rods

Rod guide

Cleaning snakes

Solvent

Lube

Patches

Brushes

Paper towels

Spotting scope

Notebook

Pen

Leatherman

Tools

Mag...Yep Mag.

Went to range yesterday carried everything listed above but quickly realized AFTER I got there only had 1 damn MAG. Spent nearly 3 hours at range and half that time RELOADING THAT ONE DAMN MAG. :frusty:

Mag...Yep Mag.

Went to range yesterday carried everything listed above but quickly realized AFTER I got there only had 1 damn MAG. Spent nearly 3 hours at range and half that time RELOADING THAT ONE DAMN MAG. :frusty:
I think everyone's done something like that. LOL! That list is just a starting point. Every time I go I will add the specific things I want to take and remove what I won't need before I print it up. It helps, but I'll still occasionally forget something.

Seems like lots of folks go to the range just to burn ammo and/or play sniper @ 25yds from a bench. Dudes rolling up with 10 loaded mags for every gun, sandbags, bipods, cleaning rods, etc, etc. When I go shooting (usually once a week, twice if I shoot a match that week) I'm going to work on one or two specific things. Other than mags that stay loaded with fighting ammo, I never load mags to capacity and as long as I have 2 or 3 for each platform (so I can run drills that involve a mag change) I'm good. Most of the time nowadays it's just pistol, so I bring eyepro, earpro, pistol, 2-3 mags, 50-100 rounds, shot timer, and targets. If there's something specific with the rifle I'm working on then the same loadout applies.

From what I've seen in working at a range and observing other shooters, most folks have never drawn and fired their pistol from a holster, drawn and loaded a mag from a carrier, or shot from anywhere other than a static position behind a bench...but by God they will open carry the hell out of their pistol whilst wearing their 550 cord bracelet, Molon Labia shirt, and sporting their best imitation of Costa's beard.

Seems like lots of folks go to the range just to burn ammo and/or play sniper @ 25yds from a bench. Dudes rolling up with 10 loaded mags for every gun, sandbags, bipods, cleaning rods, etc, etc. When I go shooting (usually once a week, twice if I shoot a match that week) I'm going to work on one or two specific things. Other than mags that stay loaded with fighting ammo, I never load mags to capacity and as long as I have 2 or 3 for each platform (so I can run drills that involve a mag change) I'm good. Most of the time nowadays it's just pistol, so I bring eyepro, earpro, pistol, 2-3 mags, 50-100 rounds, shot timer, and targets. If there's something specific with the rifle I'm working on then the same loadout applies.

From what I've seen in working at a range and observing other shooters, most folks have never drawn and fired their pistol from a holster, drawn and loaded a mag from a carrier, or shot from anywhere other than a static position behind a bench...but by God they will open carry the hell out of their pistol whilst wearing their 550 cord bracelet, Molon Labia shirt, and sporting their best imitation of Costa's beard.
It all depends on what they are trying to accomplish. I'm often working on load development for long range rifles and end up brining a crapload of stuff that other folks don't bring. Including a press and dies. I also very seldom practice drawing my weapon or mag changes at the range. I can do that in my living room. Range time is for live fire.

Those are the ingredients of a wild monday night, my friend. If you don't post for a while we will assume you caught 15-30.
Don't the last three items eliminate the need for the first?!?
Don't judge. I like to get freaky in the garden. Hence the lyme and shovel. Duuuuh.

Back
Top Bottom