• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

It's those little things in life that I enjoy the most!

Dbodt

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
9   0
Reaction score
Had some extra time and caught up on cleaning some of my guns that I had gotten behind on. It amazes me how rewarding it is cleaning and fondling firearms. Almost as enjoyable as getting them dirty! Do I need a prescription for this ,my wife's thinks I am a little off? Howevr, here at outdoor trader I do feel right at home. My father was 26 years military and then a federal marshal after. I think he started me down the road and fueled my love for things that boom. Now anytime I clean a gun I remember when I was younger and the firearm had to pass his inspection. It puts a smile on face thinking about this while I must remove every hint of gunpowder and fingerprint from each firearm. He passed a few years back and I want to thank him for starting my passion and respect for firearms and I must always say the following when finishing up in his honor.

firearms clean and reading for inspection. Sir! image-6.jpg

Enjoy cleaning and fondling guns? Smiles and memories of Dad brought back by your love of firearms? We must be brothers or at least kindred spirits.

The time I spend, shooting, cleaning, building, tuning, my guns is an experience I really enjoy.....and one that is significantly enhanced when I share that experience with my sons and shooting buddies....

no prescriptions needed brother......that'll cure what ails you.......that IS the medicine of life!
shane

I thought this was some sappy crap about cherishing your Family... Now I see (a bunch of guns). Got ya and agree!!!

Good feeling isn't it, nice family ya got there.
Is that a compact 92?

I will probably get slammed for admitting this but, it's a FIE 380 super titan 2 tanfoglio. Cool story behind it was in the 70's when fie was wanting to start importing into USA my father knew the owner and vouched for him and signed the paperwork to aid in him getting his visa to transport. The guy gave my father 3 of these guns,one for him and one for his sons,in appreciation. So i received one of the first guns from tanfoglio that entered the us. I know fie has a bad name ,however I have put maybe 1500 rounds through this gun and it never misses a beat. Its a spliting image of the 92. its an Amazing gun.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom