• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I've read some stupid stuff on the innernet but this takes the cake.....

she STILL doesn't realize that turning ANY A/C system off but especially a window unit for over half the day AND during the peak heat of the day doesn't save a ****in dime. It just overworks the unit when you do turn it on.
I try and try to explain this to my 81 year old dad. There is absolutely no savings in keeping the thermostat set to 85 degrees when it's over 100 outside. He's ridiculous. He believes he's saving money. I'd just be happy if he left it on 72 or 73 so the women I pay to help with him don't call me complaining about the heat in his house.

I try and try to explain this to my 81 year old dad. There is absolutely no savings in keeping the thermostat set to 85 degrees when it's over 100 outside. He's ridiculous. He believes he's saving money. I'd just be happy if he left it on 72 or 73 so the women I pay to help with him don't call me complaining about the heat in his house.
Remember the Seinfeld episode where Jerry and Elaine went to his parents Florida condo? Elaine had to sleep on the fold out and her back went out. And at one point she asked Jerry "Why is it SO hot in here?"
My maternal Grandmother was a typical Mable White (Mostly White) Baptist Church member for decades. She lived through the Depression. I'll never forget when folks in her age group would refer to the good old days she would say " I don't know what good old days you're talking about. I like air conditioning and indoor plumbing."

My wife does this every week, unplugs anything my kids leave plugged in.....
Okay 2 of the 3 TVs in my house are NOT smart.So we have a Roku plugged into them. Hell I even have a Roku plugged into the Vizio smart TV in my daughter's room because it's WAY easier to use than Google based smart TVs .
Anyway, these little matchbox sized Roku devices get pretty damn hot sitting by the TV. And then they start screwing up. So last night I unplugged the one in the living room when it was almost too hot to hold and I put it in the freezer for a few minutes. Seemed like a good idea at the time. But it wasn't. I killed that one. So I robbed the one from the bedroom TV until I can get to Walmart Friday and get a new one. I was gonna buy a new Roku TV about 55" but it won't fit on the stand that I have now so it's this whole ordeal. So for right now I came up with a temporary solution for the Roku heat problem.
Yeah... redneck...white trash whatever. Adapt and overcome. That's how we do it at my house.

Attachments

• 1692232417154650049239672069713.jpg
    1692232417154650049239672069713.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 6
Remember the Seinfeld episode where Jerry and Elaine went to his parents Florida condo? Elaine had to sleep on the fold out and her back went out. And at one point she asked Jerry "Why is it SO hot in here?"
My maternal Grandmother was a typical Mable White (Mostly White) Baptist Church member for decades. She lived through the Depression. I'll never forget when folks in her age group would refer to the good old days she would say " I don't know what good old days you're talking about. I like air conditioning and indoor plumbing."
And modern dentistry.

Nextdoor is full of geniuses
One commie in democrat clothing recently posted how she wished someone would buy up a whole bunch of houses in the area and fix them up, then set rents below market prices to force (her word) other landlords in the area to reduce their rents. What a maroon. 100% BET she voted for Biden and Big Stacey. Any amount. I've give odds.

Okay 2 of the 3 TVs in my house are NOT smart.So we have a Roku plugged into them. Hell I even have a Roku plugged into the Vizio smart TV in my daughter's room because it's WAY easier to use than Google based smart TVs .
Anyway, these little matchbox sized Roku devices get pretty damn hot sitting by the TV. And then they start screwing up. So last night I unplugged the one in the living room when it was almost too hot to hold and I put it in the freezer for a few minutes. Seemed like a good idea at the time. But it wasn't. I killed that one. So I robbed the one from the bedroom TV until I can get to Walmart Friday and get a new one. I was gonna buy a new Roku TV about 55" but it won't fit on the stand that I have now so it's this whole ordeal. So for right now I came up with a temporary solution for the Roku heat problem.
Yeah... redneck...white trash whatever. Adapt and overcome. That's how we do it at my house.
I can't believe the low prices on 65" and 55" smart televisions (4k too) right now. Under $300. I still can't buy them but damn. That's cheap man.

One commie in democrat clothing recently posted how she wished someone would buy up a whole bunch of houses in the area and fix them up, then set rents below market prices to force (her word) other landlords in the area to reduce their rents. What a maroon. 100% BET she voted for Biden and Big Stacey. Any amount. I've give odds.
Here in mayretta every other post is someone askin for your money

Back
Top Bottom