• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I've read some stupid stuff on the innernet but this takes the cake.....

As for turning off appliances when not in use to save money. It would have to be $20 plus a month to make me even consider it. Bad enough I have to re-set the clocks on all the appliances AND synchronize them after an infrequent power outage let alone do it every day. :wacko: ain't gonna happen.

Edit: Also add the PITA job of resetting all the security and light settings :rolleyes2:.

I got a 40inch samsung the neighbor gave me I don't now if it's a smart tv or a dumb one I just no it works
See that's what I was talking about. I have only bought one TV in the last ten years and that was because our tube TV crapped out. We bought a Vizio 32" in like 13 I guess. My older daughter still uses it as her bedroom TV.
In my teens and early 20s I really cared about stereo **** TVs and car audio. But now...I don't give a **** about any of that.

There are some legit "vampire" appliances. Some satellite and cable TV boxes draw as much as 50 watts while on "standby." Each of those can easily add $5/mo to a power bill. When we finally got rid of DirecTV, our power bill went down noticeably, probably about $20/month.

Things like a Roku (they do get hot!) and other tiny computer driven items are not worth thinking about. A few watts/hour.

I have never had a “recliner” that plugs in. I must be poorer than I thought !! :becky:
Bought one a few years back, works well but slower than the side handle. But in your case you better buy a battery backup (available) if you decide to get one. When the power goes your stuck unless you can wiggle out. That's harder to do when you are past sixty five.

Lol, my parents are 86yrs old, when i visit them in mississippi in the winter they have the heat turned way down and wear jackets & cover with blankets. but they always got money!
THAT'S IT!!! When I first moved out on my own, I had the heat on at 55 degrees........That didn't last long......

Bought one a few years back, works well but slower than the side handle. But in your case you better buy a battery backup (available) if you decide to get one. When the power goes your stuck unless you can wiggle out. That's harder to do when you are past sixty five.
Hmmm, LOL........Hadn't thought of that........At least I could get out. I fortunately don't need one. My Mother in Law has one. She complains how slow it is. She does have a manual one as well. And she still continues to use the electric one.........

Back
Top Bottom