• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I've read some stupid stuff on the innernet but this takes the cake.....

Growing up in the early 70's we had no AC (that we could afford to run) for years. Did have an attic fan. My brother and I would fight for who got the bed near the window. It was heaven.
Yes, The house I grew up in didn't have air to start with. It was added in the early 70s. It didn't have an attic fan either. Sitting in front of the floor fan in the dark on the summer nights was blissful.
A good friend of mine had an attic fan in his house. It'd freeze you out at night.The house I live in now does have an attic fan. So far I've only used it in the summer months when I'm working in the attic. Otherwise it'd be unbearable

20 years ago we were mounting a 60" plasma for a client that cost over $20k. We were white knuckling it that whole process.
Yea, sounds like a customer that talked me into hanging a painting on a staircase one time. After I hung it, he tells me it was worth like $40-45k. I gave him a tongue lashing......

Yes, The house I grew up in didn't have air to start with. It was added in the early 70s. It didn't have an attic fan either. Sitting in front of the floor fan in the dark on the summer nights was blissful.
A good friend of mine had an attic fan in his house. It'd freeze you out at night.The house I live in now does have an attic fan. So far I've only used it in the summer months when I'm working in the attic. Otherwise it'd be unbearable
It WOULD freeze us out at night. Was pure luxury. We'd be all up under our blankets thinking we had it made. Those were the days.

I can't believe the low prices on 65" and 55" smart televisions (4k too) right now. Under $300. I still can't buy them but damn. That's cheap man.
Well the Tricknology and Chinese labor have never been cheaper. On top of that these stores/companies know that we don't NEED that stuff so they have to price it accordingly and hope like hell they sell some extended warranty with each one. These days they're screwing us hard on the stuff we do need as in fuel, groceries,meds, auto parts and really hard on tires and batteries.
That seems like the more successful bidness model to me. Get em in the gottas. As in gotta have rice and beans. Gotta have toilet paper etc.

Tell me you know nothing about how the power in your house works, without telling me you know nothing about how it works. :lol:

Seriously. Closing a vent in a room? The AC is still blowing... Next she's going to tell me to drive my pickup with the tailgate down to gain .0000001 MPG!

Here in mayretta every other post is someone askin for your money
GoFundMe is one of the worst things to hit the internet...digital pan-handling. "My fiancé and I can't afford to go to Hawaii on our honeymoon, please contribute to help make our dreams come true - $25,000.00 goal". Fu****g ridiculous! Here's a novel idea, if you don't have the money to do something...don't f*****g do it!

Beggin' ass people...

GoFundMe is one of the worst things to hit the internet...digital pan-handling. "My fiancé and I can't afford to go to Hawaii on our honeymoon, please contribute to help make our dreams come true - $25,000.00 goal". Fu****g ridiculous! Here's a novel idea, if you don't have the money to do something...don't f*****g do it!

Beggin' ass people...
You got that right. It's also become a form of insurance for a lot of people. No joke, I've seen so many people who put up a go fund me when their kid gets hurt, or when a loved one passes away asking for funeral expenses. Do people just not carry insurance anymore? Or they just being greedy and asking for on top?

Back
Top Bottom