• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I've read some stupid stuff on the innernet but this takes the cake.....

I live in Paulding, I heard next year we get electricity and maybe a couple of more years indoor plumbing. Even more if we get paved roads, but we're fine with just candles and pooping in the yard for now:peace:
LOL, my Grandparents didn't have a bathroom inside the house until 1980......They lived in a tin roof house that was built in the 1880s

Remember the Seinfeld episode where Jerry and Elaine went to his parents Florida condo? Elaine had to sleep on the fold out and her back went out. And at one point she asked Jerry "Why is it SO hot in here?"
My maternal Grandmother was a typical Mable White (Mostly White) Baptist Church member for decades. She lived through the Depression. I'll never forget when folks in her age group would refer to the good old days she would say " I don't know what good old days you're talking about. I like air conditioning and indoor plumbing."
Good ole days were good, but so is a/c........That's another thing I tried when I was starting on my own......That didn't last forever either. I did grow up in a house without a/c. Didn't get it until my Dad married my Stepmom.

Okay 2 of the 3 TVs in my house are NOT smart.So we have a Roku plugged into them. Hell I even have a Roku plugged into the Vizio smart TV in my daughter's room because it's WAY easier to use than Google based smart TVs .
Anyway, these little matchbox sized Roku devices get pretty damn hot sitting by the TV. And then they start screwing up. So last night I unplugged the one in the living room when it was almost too hot to hold and I put it in the freezer for a few minutes. Seemed like a good idea at the time. But it wasn't. I killed that one. So I robbed the one from the bedroom TV until I can get to Walmart Friday and get a new one. I was gonna buy a new Roku TV about 55" but it won't fit on the stand that I have now so it's this whole ordeal. So for right now I came up with a temporary solution for the Roku heat problem.
Yeah... redneck...white trash whatever. Adapt and overcome. That's how we do it at my house.
Amen brother!!......

I wouldn't say I'd never ask for money but you can bet your last dollar I'd be dead from shame before the asking.
Amen!! I don't ask for help because I don't want to be in debt.....My Dad fusses that my wife and I are too independent.......But I ain't like my sister that doesn't own anything and can't make ends meet. It's called living within your means......What a novel concept......

You right. Hell I was looking at a damn 70" other day and thought **** I might could swing that. 10 years ago dat bitch would have cost $10,000
20 years ago we were mounting a 60" plasma for a client that cost over $20k. We were white knuckling it that whole process.

Good ole days were good, but so is a/c........That's another thing I tried when I was starting on my own......That didn't last forever either. I did grow up in a house without a/c. Didn't get it until my Dad married my Stepmom.
Growing up in the early 70's we had no AC (that we could afford to run) for years. Did have an attic fan. My brother and I would fight for who got the bed near the window. It was heaven.

Just an FYI HVAC systems are designed to move a certain volume of air. If you close vents you are decreasing the volume of air passing over the coils and will cause your AC unit to freeze up possibly damaging your system.

Just an FYI HVAC systems are designed to move a certain volume of air. If you close vents you are decreasing the volume of air passing over the coils and will cause your AC unit to freeze up possibly damaging your system.
Damn BP - they be too smart for dat stuff man ! Don’t try to explain all that to them !! 🤣

Back
Top Bottom