• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Jeep Wrangler questions... Thinking about buying one

Yeah it's basically exactly what I think I want minus the color. I wonder if I could plasti dip the whole thing haha matte black would look pretty good I think.
Possibly. Wagner of all companies actually make a kit to spray dip or bedliner now (comes with both nozzles). You can see how welll it works on the "Dip Your Cr" YouTube channel. Also, AmmoNYC detail guy YouTube used it as well to spray undercoat on his SS impala.

The system isn't that crazy price wise and you dont even need an air compressor to use it. Its like a high powered shop vac run in reverse, comes with a really long hose as well.

Reviews on it are pretty promising.

Reactions: JHW
Definitely going to look into that because it seems almost impossible to find a relatively low mileage one that's not all jacked up or hasn't been off road a bunch. Not to mention the one owner.

I always heard they were designed to meet an Egyptian military contract. Not sure if that is true or not. But I'd go this route 10x over before I went the 4 door minivan w/ Auto tranny Jeep route.
Not sure if that is true or not as our Chrysler training just noted it was introduced to just be a more handy/family oriented model.

Funny you bring up mini-van and those Jeeps. The first ones shared the same crap pile O **** V6 with the Town and Country. I was so disappointed when we got our first literature on then noting that.

The I6 4.0L was/is a gas hog and has the worst cast iron exhaust manifolds on this planet (If your aren't cracked, just wait and they will), also, not a very "free reving" motor, but had great torque and will run for A LONG time if maintained well.

Definitely going to look into that because it seems almost impossible to find a relatively low mileage one that's not all jacked up or hasn't been off road a bunch. Not to mention the one owner.

Thats the nice part about the one you posted. Many are just bought and treated like toys and sold/traded as such. Nice to know who had it new. You can usually tell if its been taken care of or not. Those 8-9 owner ones are always "wonder why its been through so many times" type things...

some 24s and some low profile tires bling it out a little and that color wont be so bad:pop2:
Straight gangsta...

carphotos.cardomain.com_ride_images_1_2291_761_5725380001_large.jpg

To answer your longevity question.

I have a 2002 Wrangler Sahara with the Dana 44 and standard transmission, stock tires and no lift. Has 220,000 miles now. Bought in 2003 with 25,000 miles on it.

Rebuilt the head at 197,000 miles due to three burnt valves. Running well now with good compression.

Rebuilt the rear end Dana 44 at around 200,000. I used the Jeep to pull a 6x12 enclosed trailer, overly heavily loaded more times than I can count from Florida to Georgia about 9 years ago. I blame the "early" rear end rebuild on that abuse.

Rebuilt the transmission at around 215,000 miles.

Other than oil, spark plugs and filter changes, haven't done anything else to it.

Intake valves. Don't know why. Just thought for $300 and a day of my time, I'd see if it happened again. 23,000 miles so far on the rebuild and no problems yet...

Attachments

• Head Photo.JPG
    Head Photo.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Jeep 1.JPG
    Jeep 1.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 27
Back
Top Bottom