• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Jeep Wrangler / Unlimited owners: Need advice

2002 TJ
4.0L 124,500mi
5 Speed NV3550 Trans.
NP231 Transfer case
Used to drive from Athens to Sandy Springs.
If you are worried about fuel economy; get another vehicle. Best I have ever heard of was 26mpg and that was a with a GM conversion. I average around 15-18 mpg. Hard tops help! I wouldn't trade any of my Jeeps for anything in the world!

(P.S. as a Jeep purist I don't consider 4 door models as real Wranglers :rolleyes: YMMV)

that's why the JK is an abbreviation for Just Kidding......lol

I have an 01 TJ,lifted.Fun,not as good as a truck for hunting.I use a trailer and a hitch-hauler,but ,for instance,you can`t pull a camper and have room for deer,firewood,etc.I tent camp when I hunt outa the Jeep.All the stuff goes in the trailer.I`ve taken it to New Orleans and all over Ga,Tenn,and N.C.Bought an ocean of gas.Fun to drive,though.Something to think about;I had a Grand Cherokee that needed a u-joint.Dealer,parts stores,and a drive shaft shop were unable to come up with any alternative other than buying a $1200 complete drive shaft.The joints were not available,not even to Chrysler dealers.I was told that later model Wranglers have same drive shaft.I traded the Grand Cherokee for a Toyota,which has a normal drive shaft.I`m through with Chrysler unless it`s something older.

Don't be bashing on the 4 doors. I have seen them out wheel regular 2 door jeeps in a lot of places.

That has nothing to do with the vehicle and everything to do with the driver. Physics alone should tell you approach and departure angles aren't as good on a 4 door. Plus its a Jeep Cherokee with with a "Wrangler" front end.
As I said, I am a Jeep purist. And as such, the vast majority of other Jeepers will agree, 4 doors don't equal a Wrangler.

YMMV

Back
Top Bottom