• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just another AR build

cmshoot

Marines Icon
Staff member
197   0
Reaction score
Got almost all my parts in, waiting for a few that have been ordered and paid for to arrive.

SOLGW complete lower and BCG (have both on hand)

Vltor MUR upper (on hand)

Black River Tactical Optimum barrel 16", with gas tube and block (on hand)

Geissele Mk8 15" rail (en route, got 2 for $195 each at Geissele's July 4 blem sale)

Magpul MOE stock and grip, Stealth Gray (both on hand)

Radian Arms 45 degree ambi-safety (en route)

Radian Arms MP3 ambi-charging handle (en route)

Silencerco ASR flash hider (on hand)

Aimpoint Micro T1 in a GG&G mount (on hand)

Geissele trigger SSA (en route)

Sling mounts and BFG Vickers 2-point sling (en route)

Got every part I need either on hand or en route, except for a set of BUIS. Looking for a good deal on a set of Magpul PRO's or a Magpul PRO front and a Matech rear.

IMG_6366.JPG

Sounds like it's going to be a nice build. I in the middle of one myself. I have the lower done. I bought a match set so I have the upper reciever assembled but not totally built. I just ordered an 18 inch BA Hanson Barrel. NIB coated feed ramps and barrel extention. It's on the way. All I need now is a free float handguard and Nickle Boron BCG. To me the free float hand guard is the hardest and longest decision. There are so many to choose from. Lets exchange pics after the are done just to see how they turn out.

Assembling another this weekend. I decided on a different caliber I'm doing a 6 X 45.
Next I'm jumping to the 308 calibers platform. I'd like to do a 6.5 Creedmore upper to fit my DPMS GII lower...

I ordered the BUIS set from Primary Arms, as well as a Magpul M-LOK MVG in Stealth Gray and a few other doodads.

I am actually toying with the idea of swapping out my 308 barrel for a 6.5 creed. I love my set up and it's accurate as hell. I have over 1,800 in parts without the optic. When I am on my game it will shoot sub .50 MOA all day long. However, it never hurts to experiment. This is my AR10 rig.
20160228_174918(1).jpg

Back
Top Bottom