• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just crazy

MrJim

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
19   0
Reaction score
Had my Jeep seviced today and while waiting I walked out to look at new Jeep truck. Was some kind of AEV? Option. $30k for a 6.4. Total sticker $128k. Ridiculous

Must’ve been at Commerce? I saw that too, outrageous for sure. But to be fair, it’s basically been reengineered. Even has the 6.4 Hemi from the SRT8 cars.

I sold cars for several years on and off as a back up job and saw some of the stickers on car. That however, takes the cake. Hell that's more than a Viper sold for back in the early 2000's. I think they were 92,000 back then. I felt it was reasonable for the car.. 128K for a jeep is just plain ridiculous. I couldn't even think of taking it off road for that. Of course these new crate motors are commaning a severe premium. Hell some of the pick up truck prices are getting up there as well. I have a 2002 I sold my father in 2002. Still in awesome condition but it was 45 grand back then. Sold my mother a 99 Durango and it was almost 40 then.

Over the years I have seen cars get so crazy I can't believe it sometimes. In 1987 I bought a brand new Mustang GT with all the goodies for 12,975 on the button. Now go look and see what a top of line GT sticker is.

Ridiculous. I'm not shocked though. I was at the Ford dealership getting a recall notice taken care of last week. New F150s are in the the $50-60k range when fully loaded. The Raptor is in the $80k range. And forget about owning a new super duty truck. The F350 I looked at stickered for $85k. Who'd spend that much on a work truck that's going to get banged up and dirty?

Back
Top Bottom