• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just got a gut check on the economy!!

The company Ive worked
At forThe last 15 years mostly does long term govt contracts .
The downside of that is when you have 30% inflation , two years in a row , your contract doesn’t reflect that .and the salary doesn’t go up.
We got an 4% raise this year , annd the company ancted like they were doing us a huge favor.

we’ve had several good people leave because they got offered significant raises to go to other companies . Some got job offers paying 40% more , and a couple of em got jobs paying double .
One recruiter poached two people by asking them what they made or figuring out what they made (and the young folks ain’t shy about talking about their salary like us older folks are ) and then the employees told em , the recruiter said “we can pay you twice that , with a $15k sign on bonus, and it’s 100% work at home on the computer .”

Company just won a $26 million project from the fedgov .

There are four things that never slow down in any economy. Liquor, Sex, Guns and Telecom.

Fortunately, I work in telecom and have more work than ever right now with three times as much in the near future. Not only have I just hired help but I am also looking for additional GC's to take up some of the slack. With technology constantly expanding and more industries investing in communications, we are non-stop. I worked throughout all of the Rona lock downs with multiple companies throughout multiple states.

Aside from my industry, the housing market is also under a constant expansion. A good friend of mine has expanded his company 15x with new equipment, workers and multiple contracts. With the Pine Log WMA being sold and 600 acres being dedicated to housing, vast expansion is on the horizon. Sadly it's going to be mostly those 1200 sq/ft homes that touch each other.

The biggest issues I see, not only in my industry but as a general observation is the extreme lack of ethics, pride and general awareness. With more and more people being self entitled, narcissistic, and in general being narrow minded; we are in the beginning stages what I describe as a "Rude Awakening".

There are four things that never slow down in any economy. Liquor, Sex, Guns and Telecom.

Fortunately, I work in telecom and have more work than ever right now with three times as much in the near future. Not only have I just hired help but I am also looking for additional GC's to take up some of the slack. With technology constantly expanding and more industries investing in communications, we are non-stop. I worked throughout all of the Rona lock downs with multiple companies throughout multiple states.

Aside from my industry, the housing market is also under a constant expansion. A good friend of mine has expanded his company 15x with new equipment, workers and multiple contracts. With the Pine Log WMA being sold and 600 acres being dedicated to housing, vast expand is on the horizon. Sadly it's going to be mostly those 1200 sq/ft homes that touch each other.

The biggest issues I see, not only in my industry but as a general observation is the extreme lack of ethics, pride and general awareness. With more and more people being self entitled, narcissistic, and in general being narrow minded; we are in the beginning stages what I describe as a "Rude Awakening".
I just hope it’s not another 2008 on the horizon!

Im a real estate agent for 18+ years and can’t read the tea leaves yet. A building supply guy told me the best way for him to judge is that the 30 day accounts start paying at 60 days, the 60 day accounts go to 90 and the 90 day accounts stop paying. He says his accounts are still on time for the most part. I don’t know.

Back
Top Bottom