Just got my carry license.. What to carry?

I Suggest you go to a bigbox, palm and finger a wide variety of firearms for weight, comfort and grip. research for yourself, price, caliber and reliability.
THEN go shoot one.... Remington Range, GA Firing line and many others allow you to rent.
This will help alleviate SOME Potential for buyers remorse.

What I think is great for me, may not work at all for you.

Hope this helps

Not sure of your budget.

If you can only afford one, I would suggest the Ruger LCP for pocket carry. Cherokee had 'em for $279 a week ago.

If you wear clothes that will conceal a IWB rig, I like the Rock Island compact .45.

Good luck in your choice!

Go to a range that rents pistols, try some of their offerings, find one you can shoot well and buy one just like it. Fit the gun to you instead of trying to fit you to the gun. Then get some quality training from a GOOD instructor.

Here's what I carry
img.tapatalk.com_d_13_04_29_jyjebeve.jpg

I'm a big guy 6' 4" 325 lbs. It makes hiding a full size 1911 easier.

As others have said, got to a range that rents pistols. Since you think you'll have a hard time concealing, focus on the smaller ones at first. Try to find one that feels "natural" when you grip it.

My cc pistols must pass the point test for me. These are the ones that naturally point at the target in your grip. Different strokes, though... They fit everyone different.

Back
Top Bottom