• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just in case

I worked in the Macon Mall next to Dillards. After Dillards pulled out, It was a slow death. Ive no idea why they turned it into a parking lot. The new mall sux. Frikin everything is outside. 13 below or 103 in the shade you get to enjoy it, not to mention Rain.

Gander mountain clearance: in summary #1 Mark up your prices so high so that after 20% off you still pay more than retail #2 false advertise 60% off: there's nothing 60% off #3 Do a Going out of sale every year and watch sales skyrocket! My town of Fort Wayne has had a going out of sale "sale" last year and the year before. It must be going well for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gander mountain wasn't even worth the few minutes of a gander they got from me .

It's a shame too ,because competition makes capitalism mo Betta .

There is money to be made and they are closing stores down due to being greedy guts !

Hopefully other chains will take notice and change their tactics. In the information age, people are using it to save money. Rarly will I buy something without doing a quick search to see its price online. Its helped me get a good idea of new gun values. Old guns are still best left to the experts.

You're preaching to the choir here. I HATE Amazon with a passion. I dig buying local pray least in person when I can. I like seeing and touching what I'm getting before I pay for it. I'm a big fan of Academy Sports. We finally got one in Brunswick last December. It's maybe 3 red lights from an existing Dicks that sits in a Target shopping center. I really hope both of them go under soon.
I miss the mall experience and I tell my 9 year old about it all the time. I also watch the Dead Mall Series by a guy named Dan Bell on YouTube. It's depressing and fascinating all at the same time. His Dead Motel series is good too.
I grew up in South Macon and we had a hell of a mall. The Macon Mall opened in 75 and expended in 95 . Aside from the Oshman's Sporting Goods closing early on and eliminating guns from the mall there wasn't much you couldn't find there. I worked there in 92/93 for Video Concepts a Tandy/ Radio Shack off shoot and again in 06 for a Radio Shack. By 06 it was on a rapid downhill slide. But it wasn't just the Macon Mall. Maybe two years ago I took my son to one of his weirdo gamer conventions in Atlanta. We had to kill some time before check in at the Hapeville Marriott I believe it was. So we walked around Southlake Mall for a while. Wow! It was WAY more ghetto than the Macon Mall.
I don't know the answer to keeping brick and mortar stores in business but I hope they figure it out pretty quick. I hate waiting on the mail and UPS.

Man I love a good mall, idk why, it's just something about the experience. Me and my sister go to several, Christmas shopping every year. I do the majority of allmy shopping online as well, but it's just not the same as going in person. It's a shame how most of the malls have become mostly abandoned.

I always buy my guns majority of the time from pawn shops, if not Autrey's. Big stores like that don't compete with the competition. The same Glock that's new $539 at Adventure Outdoors, Autrey's, Moss Pawn etc. Is $639 at Gander Mountain. But the thing that I wonder is who in their right mind would give a $100 away and get ripped off. Sometimes Cherokee has better prices but by the time I spend time and gas going across town to save money supposively. I end up breaking even just staying local. To each is own

The sale is only worth it on merchandise that has a manufacturer set price. You know the stuff that is the same price even online. I picked up a depth finder/chart plotter for $100 less than online.... Also grabbed a black diamond head light for several $ off the online price. If you look there are a handful of deals

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I always buy my guns majority of the time from pawn shops, if not Autrey's. Big stores like that don't compete with the competition. The same Glock that's new $539 at Adventure Outdoors, Autrey's, Moss Pawn etc. Is $639 at Gander Mountain. But the thing that I wonder is who in their right mind would give a $100 away and get ripped off. Sometimes Cherokee has better prices but by the time I spend time and gas going across town to save money supposively. I end up breaking even just staying local. To each is own

I see people almost daily over pay for guns at Academy. I believe its because they dont know better. Usually its people buying their first or second gun.

Back
Top Bottom