• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

just mad

if needed are you willing to stand along side of me in front of the theater with a sign?

• yes

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • dont choose this one. i will spring for 5 buck pizza and cold water

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
I thinking of coming up with a waiver and try to get managers/owners to sign. just something that guarantee safety and monetary support for my family. if something happened to my family , a guarantee of monetary support for second amendment advocate groups.
see how they would like taking legal responsibility for there choices.

Sherriff
it was Duncan, and he was super cool about it, and also made a comment about there lack of testies for not putting up the sign. he was just doing what the owners wanted. I have no problem with his job, I feal sorry he had to do it.

Yeah, I thought it was probably Keith--Glad he wasn't a "Richard" about it--LOL!....mikey357

Did you ask for a full refund since there was no sign? No sign gives the appearance that they make up the rules as they go along.

City of Griffin Cop or Spalding County Sheriff's Deputy?
In my experience in and around Griffin it didn't matter. They ALL act like stormtroopers. But yeah you DO need a P11 or Taurus 709 slim or something similar for this kind of situation. I tend to agree with lots of guys here that carry concealed and just disregard the signs.**** em.

And on a side note I thought that one of the key parts of the law change from a year or two back was that a cop can't approach you and ask you that question.

I thinking of coming up with a waiver and try to get managers/owners to sign. just something that guarantee safety and monetary support for my family. if something happened to my family , a guarantee of monetary support for second amendment advocate groups.
see how they would like taking legal responsibility for there choices.

They won't sign that. It's corporate policy.
Due to family needs since Aurora I've been in either Carmike or other theaters literally dozens of times with my well concealed G-19.
Having a good carry system prevents lots of inconvenience.
Never had an issue.

In my experience in and around Griffin it didn't matter. They ALL act like stormtroopers. But yeah you DO need a P11 or Taurus 709 slim or something similar for this kind of situation. I tend to agree with lots of guys here that carry concealed and just disregard the signs.**** em.

And on a side note I thought that one of the key parts of the law change from a year or two back was that a cop can't approach you and ask you that question.

As far as the S.D. Captain asking him if he was carrying, I believe he was OFF DUTY & doing his "Side Job" as Security for the Theater--I think in that capacity he DOES HAVE the leeway to ask if a theatergoer is "Packing"....

I utilize either a S&W Model 442 or a Model 66 Snubby in a Fanny Pack--With a "Hidden" Gun Compartment--If I open it up, you would see my Cell Phone, Keys, Flashlight, etc., but NOT my Piece--Works well in my experience, YMMV, of course....mikey357

Last edited:
My Glock 33 conceals pretty well under a shirt tail. I know sometimes it peeks but mostly it's stays hid. But if I get inside and they ask me to leave it, I'm leaving altogether...WITH my money.

Oh, yeah, IF they asked ME to leave, I'd be gettin' that REFUND for sure--AFTER getting the on-duty Manager's name & giving him/her an EARFUL...

They can't ask for the carry permit, but nothing says we can't ask about a gun we see you carrying

They can't ask for the carry permit, but nothing says we can't ask about a gun we see you carrying

The law says the cops can't ask for the permit. Nothing stops a private citizen from asking you anything they want. But a private citizen you can tell to STFU. You can even tell a business manager to STFU but if they ask you to leave you must do so or you are guilty of misdemeanor trespassing.

Back
Top Bottom