• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just picked up a Skyline R33 GTR Vspec

Defend Garage Jp was kind enough to offer monetary compensation for the mechanical failure being addressed upon proving receipts or service record validating my out of pocket expense. Granted they didn't have to do anything. Great customer service and just a unfortunate event. Highly recommend these guys out of jp if you're looking into purchasing a Nissan Skyline or Silvia that isn't a rust bucket, and extremely clean.

Damn! I've always loved those cars right along with the MK IV twin turbo Supra's. Both of which I can't afford. :lol: IN for pics.

Is the spec the Godzilla? I'm only a little familiar with the GTRs as I'm a toyota guy but the old skylines are beasts and my favorite on need for speed.

The RB26DETT was referred to as Godzilla. As the King of the Nissan "Race Bred" or RB series engines, it is a 2.6 liter, twin turbo engine that has been built/modified to produce 1500+ horsepower and lightly modified to produce around 600 HP with stock internals. The engine was supposedly nicknamed “Godzilla” because of its ability to produce power and demonstrate its strength on the race track!

I personally never owned a twin-turbo, but did have a couple of RB20DET and RB25DET single-turbo engines, along with numerous S13/S14 SR20DET 4-cyclinder engines, swapped into Nissan 240SX bodies. I still have some of my documentation related to engine swaps as well as maintenance manuals for many of these, thinking that I may decide to build a new "rice burner" in the future! My oldest son spent two years at Hiroshima University in 2002 and 2003 that helped source info at the time.

upload_2020-11-18_9-47-51.png

I'm both a MKIV veteran owner and worked for Nissan/Infiniti for almost 15 years. It was a difficult choice when choosing between another MKIV Supra or a Vspec R33 GTR. My first MKIV TT 6spd Supra I acquired in Las Vegas back in 2007 for a mere $19k back then from playing slots and winning a $20k jackpot at Redrock across my my old condo complex in Summerlin. Too think what the prices have Become on these cars now in today's times is ridiculous. So everyone complaining about firearm prices just remember.... It's not just subject to firearms.... It's everything now.

That is because the value of the dollar is tanking. :cool-new:

Congrats on the purchase...in for pics ! Hope you are well.

thanks brother. It's been a rough 8 months with ak builds, parts sourcing and now this recent acquisition of my new ride. I'm exhausted. Just can't wait myself to see this progress come along. It's been a long time and wait for this moment. Was hoping to go a little more smoothly as I had initially anticipated. But, obstacles come and they go. I like to think of it as something for me to get a head in life. Good to hear from you too brother. It's been a while.

Back
Top Bottom