Just shot an M&P for the first time.

Could be! The problem is that I am a real believer in using one and only one platform in a combat handgun. I have a LOT invested in the 1911 in the form of holsters and mags. It would be hard for me to completely change platforms. The higher capacity is very attractive, though.

This being said you might want to try the XDm45. They have a 1911 grip with the 1911 grip safety and when you add the PRP trigger kit you also get a 1911 trigger. It's like owning a light weight high capacity 1911.

This being said you might want to try the XDm45. They have a 1911 grip with the 1911 grip safety and when you add the PRP trigger kit you also get a 1911 trigger. It's like owning a light weight high capacity 1911.

Another good weapon that I don't like the ergonomics of.

Hey bear.... Have fun staying up all night thinking about weather you should trade into the M&P.... (just do it) I think the only big issue you will run into is finding a holster you like for the M&P. The Fobus holster is the most comfortable OWB I have found. It carries well too. Bianchi doesn't make a leather Snaplok for the M&P.

Great fun today, I appreciate the invite. Next time we shouldn't allow so much time between each outing.

You suck, man. You've even got me thinking of going 9mm. That puppy was seriously fast and accurate.

For those of you that don't already know; me thinking of going with a plastic pistol in 9mm is VERY radical thinking for me. LOL!

Last edited:
You suck, man. You've even got me thinking of going 9mm. That puppy was seriously fast and accurate.

For those of you that don't already know; me thinking of going with a plastic pistol in 9mm is VERY radical thinking for me. LOL!

LOL My buddies gave me hell for it too!

Hey bear.... Have fun staying up all night thinking about weather you should trade into the M&P.... (just do it) I think the only big issue you will run into is finding a holster you like for the M&P. The Fobus holster is the most comfortable OWB I have found. It carries well too. Bianchi doesn't make a leather Snaplok for the M&P.

Great fun today, I appreciate the invite. Next time we shouldn't allow so much time between each outing.

You should look in Black Point Tactical. They are very nice. I bought a Fobus when I bought my M&P. I didn't make it out of the parking lot before I returned it.

You suck, man. You've even got me thinking of going 9mm. That puppy was seriously fast and accurate.For those of you that don't already know; me thinking of going with a plastic pistol in 9mm is VERY radical thinking for me. LOL!
I went from a 1911 to a Glock 19 3 years ago after 11 years with the 1911 as my edc. I still have 1911s, and holsters, and mags, etc, but truth be told I just don't shoot them anymore. I did eventually move up the the Glock 23 as I personally can't tell the difference in recoil between the 23 and 19 and I wanted a 3 caliber gun.

Back
Top Bottom