• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just waiting on RMR projectiles.

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
I have been busy the last couple of days. I have these in the zip lock baggies ready for powder and bullets. I just put 110 more in the tumbler to clean and then process. So I have a little work to do when my pills get here. The tracking # says it's in Spokane Washington so I have a few days to let my fingers rest a tad. As soon as I get these casings out of the tumbler I will trim, swag the primer pockets and they will be ready to go. I should have a little over 400 cases to load when these come out of the tumbler and get trimmed, primer pockets cleaned and de-crimped if need be and primed.

Attachments

• IMG_20230908_115908612.jpg
    IMG_20230908_115908612.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 8
I have been busy the last couple of days. I have these in the zip lock baggies ready for powder and bullets. I just put 110 more in the tumbler to clean and then process. So I have a little work to do when my pills get here. The tracking # says it's in Spokane Washington so I have a few days to let my fingers rest a tad. As soon as I get these casings out of the tumbler I will trim, swag the primer pockets and they will be ready to go. I should have a little over 400 cases to load when these come out of the tumbler and get trimmed, primer pockets cleaned and de-crimped if need be and primed.
Shiny !! Lol

I got down to the last five cases to resize and de-caped and my dang zip spindle broke. I go slow and methodical as well. I don't know how that happened. Ain't that a biotch!

I do pretty much all the pistol rounds. Of course that’s about all I like to shoot anyway. .44 mag &spcl, .357 & .38, .41mag, .45 Colt ….. all that stuff . Been at it ever since I could remember. Dad taught me and we always shot our own ammo. About the only things I buy are .22 and rifle rounds. Like I said, I don’t shoot that much rifle anyway.

you should post this in the "what have you reloaded today" thread

Those are .223 ?
What projectile and powder are you using ?
I ordered from Rocky Mountain Reloaders. Someone on here mentioned them as good bullets. They are supposed to have a tapered jacket so they are good for target and hunting. I got the 69gr. to keep velocity up. They sell 250 pcs. for 50 bucks plus ship. Not a bad price. Supposedly they have put a lot of R&D in their projectiles and boast sub MOA.
As far as powder I purchased a few lbs. of Varget and I am going to test in 20 rounds or so. Since I use my 6.8spc for my go to gun I concentrate on pure accuracy on those rounds. Since I am mainly going for volume and hunting I will be happy with anything 2 MOA or better on the .223 ammo. However I have H332, H335 and Benchmark to try as well. I think I have a couple more to try to that's supposedly.223 compatible. Which ever one works the best I will end up using that. I have some reloaded with all but the Varget so when we get a cool day I will go out and just see what's what.

Back
Top Bottom