• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just waiting on RMR projectiles.

I got down to the last five cases to resize and de-caped and my dang zip spindle broke. I go slow and methodical as well. I don't know how that happened. Ain't that a biotch!
I broke my Hornady 9mm decanting pin today. Picked up little (1 & 2) grandsons so no more reloading today.

Lee zip trim spindle? How in the hell did you break that?
It was a Honrnady. I have no idea! I ran a shell through it and extracted the case and went to put another though and it wouldn't go. I took the zip spindle assembly out and the end was bent, the expander ball was broken at the top in to a few places and the pin was stuck in the expander. I guess it worked itself loose and slowly worked itself down. The zip spindle was still locked at the top. The kicker is I always go very slow all the through the case. I also take it out very slowly and uniformly. I never get jerky with it. I am puzzled as you are.

You might like using a Lee Universal Decapper before actually sizing the brass, and before cleaning. That way, if you get a Bredan primer or a piece of brass with something in it, you won’t break your good die’s pin. A company named “Squirrel Daddy” makes a pin for the Lee Decapper that is almost indestructible.

You might like using a Lee Universal Decapper before actually sizing the brass, and before cleaning. That way, if you get a Bredan primer or a piece of brass with something in it, you won’t break your good die’s pin. A company named “Squirrel Daddy” makes a pin for the Lee Decapper that is almost indestructible.

That or one of the RCBS heavy duty decappers, which are also almost indestructable.

Back
Top Bottom