• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kahr question

Chris86

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
14   0
Reaction score
Yesterday at the meet, I rented a Kahr CW9 and put a few rounds downrange. I loved the gun and when I have the money, I'm really thinking about getting one.

Anyways I was looking at prices on ImpactGuns and noticed a big price difference between the CW series and PM series pistols, a CW9 is $369.99 and a PM9 is $619.99. What's so special about the PM9 that makes it more expensive?

Different barrel, different sights, no expenses spared on the PM series.

monderno.com_wp_content_uploads_2011_11_Differences.gif

Check out the CM9. I do not believe you will be disappointed. And the price cannot be beaten. Around $400, or less, for a new one. The only drawback is the trigger. It is smooth and light, but the reset is very long. like, all the way back long. It's exactly like a revolver trigger, but the pull is around 5-6lbs.

I'll definitely do some more research on them.

I liked the size (just found out the CW9 is the same size as the P9, and the CM9 is the size of the PM9) and I was impressed with the accuracy and low recoil from such a small pistol.

If you can shoot the cw9 well I'd say go for it. The one I watched ran with no problems except the grip size being too small. Other than that the pistol ran great, I'd trust one fwiw

Chris the other BIG difference in the CW9 and the PM9 is the size. Smaller is almost always more expensive. You may have noticed that the comparison chart posted shows the differences between CM9 and PM9, they are comparable size wise.

Wish I had gone to the meet.. you could have compared the CW9 to the K9 without spending a penny except maybe on ammo.

I just picked up the CW9 yesterday and put couple hundred rounds through it.
I had not shot one before but the pistol just felt at home in my hand.
I was nervous about the trigger pull compared to my Glock but I got used to
It quick. The concelability is incredible. OWB high riding hip holster with a t-shirt.
The pistol just vanished.
At one point I forgot I was even carrying it.
I am not disappointed and can see this as my primary carry piece.
For a while at least. Lol. Price can not be beat on this one.

Last edited:
I just picked up the CW9 yesterday and put couple hundred rounds through it.
I had not shot one before but the pistol just felt at home in my hand.
I was nervous about the trigger pull compared to my Glock but I got used to
It quick. The concelability is incredible. OWB high riding hip holster with a t-shirt.
The pistol just vanished.
At one point I forgot I was even carrying it.
I am not disappointed and can see this as my primary carry piece.
For a while at least. Lol. Price can not be beat on this one.

That's good to know, I'll definitely be looking to get one when the money or trade fodder allows.

Back
Top Bottom