• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kayak advice needed...

I've paddled Hobbies, Natives, and everything between, and as far as stability goes, which is important to me, you can't beat a Jackson! The Cuda, Coosa, Big Rig, you just can't beat em

Gonna put the Yaks in the back, of the truck.

image.jpeg

Gonna put the Yaks in the back, of the truck.

View attachment 1523575
Putting them in the back of the truck will really limit you on length. Hanging them over the tailgate will very much limit your ability to maneuver your trailer.

You could always get a rack system that keeps them up over the bed and cab but that can be a pain to load. I went with a 13 for me and a 12 for for my wife and carried them on a real until I bought a motorhome and noq carry them on my Jeep that I tow behind.

Ready to take the plunge.
Wish I had the budget for a SP Hobie with pedal power.

Mainly want to have Yaks to go with the RV.
Want to go fishing.
Assuming the wife will go with.
We've both rented singles, doubles and canoes.
I grew up in FL and have a fair amount of river time under my belt.
I've also been Yaking off the beach a few times fishing too.
We camp near rivers, lakes, springs, and beach it a few times a year.

Would you buy 2 singles or a dual seater?

Budget is 700-1k including goodies.

Currently looking at 2 options.
2x Lifetime Wally World fishing yaks. $250-300
Or a Vibe Skipjack 120T. $700
She's down either way.

Tax man is hooking me up.
What do you think?
2 singles. That's the beauty of a yak; maneuverability and exploring where you want. My wife likes to cruise down the river. I like exploring up tributaries and picking different lines through fast water. Depending on your weights, you'll probably be happier with different length kayaks, as well. I prefer a 13' or longer, my wife prefers a 10' because of the weight and maneuverability. Are you planning on carrying on an overhead truck rack?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

If you ever get hooked up with a 15 lb Japanese amberjack or yellowtail on the ocean. It’ ll take you for the ride of your life.

I have.

The use of slang, especially in a title is risky at best.

I've paddled Hobbies, Natives, and everything between, and as far as stability goes, which is important to me, you can't beat a Jackson! The Cuda, Coosa, Big Rig, you just can't beat em
But the price? I love my Cuda12, but once I got it completely rigged and bought a trailer for it, I've got almost $3000 in it.

Back
Top Bottom