• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Kind of a dumb? question about suppressors

You could run a Silencerco Hybrid on both. I think of it more of a rifle can that can be used on pistols. Not user serviceable, but that wouldnt stop me.

Yeah the Hybrid 46 would work. I'm just looking into this can. Must be a pretty strong can.

I would just look at the size and weight to see if its manageable with pistol. Theres usually some compromise when you're looking at multi-caliber cans. Whether its longer, thicker, heavier, reduced DB reduction rating, increased POI shift or just really expensive you should do research to see what, if any, shortcomings there are and see if the suppressor still fits your needs

Yeah, I am aware of the wait time, just wasn’t sure if anyone made one can that would work with both. Being a cheap ass I just disliked the thought of having to pay for two stamps. I may have to. Looks like more research is in order.
Thanks for the replies and info folks! I truly appreciate it

If you look though you might be able to break even buying 2 cans, a little older but great performers vs 1 newer can.

Great idea. I can see more research is definitely in order. Thanks!

Another point to keep in mind is switching the suppressor over to different host. Its not bad if the host use the same mount or threads but once you have to switch out different boosters/adapters etc it becomes a pain.

Another point to keep in mind is switching the suppressor over to different host. Its not bad if the host use the same mount or threads but once you have to switch out different boosters/adapters etc it becomes a pain.

^^^^^
This man knows the struggle! :thumb:

It really does become a PITA, lol.

Hybrid...
Direct thread adapters available. I suppress everything from a 45 70 down to 22 with mine.
Cosmic may also work. I believe the new ones are rated up to 300 win mag.
You'd be hard pressed to buy 2 cans and 2 stamps for the price of a hybrid and stamp. I've seen them as low as 699 plus stamp.
QRF are good folks. May could chime in as well.
http://www.quietriotfirearms.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=SCOHYBRID

Back
Top Bottom