• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Knife Pass Around - ESEE 4

Y'all will have fun with this knife!
I got one this spring and love it; its my 5th ESEE.

Similarities to the DPx? Sure, ESEEs and DPxs are made in Idaho by Rowen mfg.

No worries about breaking it; the ESEE warranty is unconditional, no nonsense: mail the pieces to their HQs in Gallant, Alabama, and they mail you a new knife.

:pop2:

P.S. be warned; once you use an ESEE, you will be assimilated. Resistance is futile; your addiction will be terminal.

Last edited:
Alright gents, I got this beauty today, not a scratch on it either !! (Bwahaha) :evil: I'm sure I will take care of that ! I will take a few pics before I use it...of course. I will keep y'all posted as I abuse/use /and put this thing to work. Stay tuned ....

HaHa, it was a brand new knife Saturday. Shouldn't have any scratches just yet. However, I will be disappointed if it comes back home without any.

Alrighty gents, I've completed my abuse of the ESSE and passed it off to qodeBebop. Just got back from meeting him and handed him the reins.
My take on this fine piece of steel is Five Star. I found it to have great weight, finish was really good on it , when I received it it was new and very sharp! It looked like it was just screaming for abuse. The first thing I done was wash it in warm water and soap to get any oil off of it, then I used it at dinner to cut my steak. Now I know some of you big time operators out there are laughing at me, but let me say that I don't do anything until I've had a good meal ! As such, it arrived at supper time so I put it to use! It cut meat with perfection and ease, it's thick blade really sliced right through my NY STRIP like a hot knife through butter! After digest and another cleanup on the blade, I coated it with oil and commenced to take it outside and see what I could get into.
I quickly found a good set of logs that I use for throwing knives, so I got my set of cheap throwers and commenced to warming up. I found the balance and weight on this knife to be really good for throwing. Yeah, it took a minute to get it in the swing but soon I was sticking it every time. After I was boarded with that I found a good piece of a 2x4 and commenced to using it as an axe. It chopped through the board with some effort, but never chipped the blade and really didn't dull it as much as I thought it would. Oh I forgot to add, that I did put a piece of paracoard through the handle eye, so that I could slip it on my wrist for extra holding. The sheath that it was in was really cool. I guess it is Kydex type (?) . It has release for the belt loops so you don't have to thread it on your belt, it just clips right on if you want. I wear overalls a lot so I just put it in my pocket.
The next couple of days I used this knife everywhere I could. I opened a can of paint using the back of the blade as a screwdriver type tool. I cut hoses and belts at my garage with it when I put a radiator in my brothers truck. I used it to open boxes , packages, cut rope, plastic, anything else I could with it. It never failed or dulled to a point of notice. True when I was done it didn't shave hair anymore but it held it's own.
Overall this knife did very well in day to day use. It even stood up against many things I wouldn't use a knife for. I give it a good solid rating and would recommend it to anyone. Let's see if qodeBebop can destroy it, as he told me he was gonna hang it on a nail and take pot shots at it ! I'm anxious to see that ! Lol.
Thanks for the opportunity , lcmcrumley, to let me be the first to use this fine knife. I thoroughly enjoyed it! :)
(Sorry , but no pics....I forgot!!)

Last edited:
Alrighty gents, I've completed my abuse of the ESSE and passed it off to qodeBebop. Just got back from meeting him and handed him the reins.
My take on this fine piece of steel is Five Star. I found it to have great weight, finish was really good on it , when I received it it was new and very sharp! It looked like it was just screaming for abuse. The first thing I done was wash it in warm water and soap to get any oil off of it, then I used it at dinner to cut my steak. Now I know some of you big time operators out there are laughing at me, but let me say that I don't do anything until I've had a good meal ! As such, it arrived at supper time so I put it to use! It cut meat with perfection and ease, it's thick blade really sliced right through my NY STRIP like a hot knife through butter! After digest and another cleanup on the blade, I coated it with oil and commenced to take it outside and see what I could get into.
I quickly found a good set of logs that I use for throwing knives, so I got my set of cheap throwers and commenced to warming up. I found the balance and weight on this knife to be really good for throwing. Yeah, it took a minute to get it in the swing but soon I was sticking it every time. After I was boarded with that I found a good piece of a 2x4 and commenced to using it as an axe. It chopped through the board with some effort, but never chipped the blade and really didn't dull it as much as I thought it would. Oh I forgot to add, that I did put a piece of paracoard through the handle eye, so that I could slip it on my wrist for extra holding. The sheath that it was in was really cool. I guess it is Kydex type (?) . It has release for the belt loops so you don't have to thread it on your belt, it just clips right on if you want. I wear overalls a lot so I just put it in my pocket.
The next couple of days I used this knife everywhere I could. I opened a can of paint using the back of the blade as a screwdriver type tool. I cut hoses and belts at my garage with it when I put a radiator in my brothers truck. I used it to open boxes , packages, cut rope, plastic, anything else I could with it. It never failed or dulled to a point of notice. True when I was done it didn't shave hair anymore but it held it's own.
Overall this knife did very well in day to day use. It even stood up against many things I wouldn't use a knife for. I give it a good solid rating and would recommend it to anyone. Let's see if qodeBebop can destroy it, as he told me he was gonna hang it on a nail and take pot shots at it ! I'm anxious to see that ! Lol.
Thanks for the opportunity , lcmcrumley, to let me be the first to use this fine knife. I thoroughly enjoyed it! :)
(Sorry , but no pics....I forgot!!)

Nice little review. Im glad you enjoyed the knife. Sounds like you gave it a pretty good warm-up workout before handing it off to Bebop.

Back
Top Bottom