• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Laminate flooring question

Yes, you might have a saw, but do you need an EXCUSE for the better half to get a new tool for yourself? ;)

I want to replace my contractor grade carpet as well. I'd love to do the whole house eliminating part of my allergy problems. But cant DIY too old and bum knees/legs.
The Lumber Liquidator in Cumming closed up shop. :mad: I need 1000 sq feet for living room, dining room, kitchen & hallway + 12 steps. About 1500 sq feet for all living space. Anybody have a ballpark idea the cost keep in mind the carpet needs ripped up and hauled away too.

I'd be curious to know this too. I'm no handyman but they have some for sale at Robinson's Salvage that I keep looking at.

Whatever you decide, if you put down laminate flooring yourself, please put it down the correct way as far as lengthwise goes. Example: If you are doing the hall, run the flooring lengthwise down the hall and not widthwise from side to side. I saw this in a house once that a guy just did. I had to bite my tongue until I got back in my truck to keep from laughing in his face.
:doh:

Example: If you are doing the hall, run the flooring lengthwise down the hall and not widthwise from side to side.
:doh:
Yep, floor joist are usually run the short way, so by going with the longest run for the flooring you are laying flooring across the joists, like you are supposed to.

I'd be curious to know this too. I'm no handyman but they have some for sale at Robinson's Salvage that I keep looking at.
Why not do it yourself, it is NOT difficult?

PS open the boxes to make sure than flooring has no water damage. I love "Adventures in Shopping", but some things have to be checked.

Back
Top Bottom