• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Late season batchelor group?

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
Never seen this before but last night I had 8 bucks running around all charged up in my front yard and across the street.
Couple stopped to graze while others would run by and taunt them then run off and taunt each other.
They all suddenly looked back and here came a freaking bruiser ten point in a slow trot with his head level with his shoulders .
He turned his head near one of the grazing spikes when he went past them and they jumped.
Looked like they were passing through and on a mission.

I’ve never seen them band up like that late season unless there’s a late rut ramping up.

Never seen this before but last night I had 8 bucks running around all charged up in my front yard and across the street.
Couple stopped to graze while others would run by and taunt them then run off and taunt each other.
They all suddenly looked back and here came a freaking bruiser ten point in a slow trot with his head level with his shoulders .
He turned his head near one of the grazing spikes when he went past them and they jumped.
Looked like they were passing through and on a mission.

I’ve never seen them band up like that late season unless there’s a late rut ramping up.
Down at the hunting club (Washington co.) you see bachelor groups every year late season, there’s always a group of decent 8’s running together. It’s neat.

There’s been some reports of freshly shed antlers already being found. The decrease in testosterone that triggers the shedding of antlers could be the reason that they’re starting to form bachelor groups.

There’s been some reports of freshly shed antlers already being found. The decrease in testosterone that triggers the shedding of antlers could be the reason that they’re starting to form bachelor groups.

Could be.
Pretty weird though.

Had five does go by me the other night...brought my rifle so couldn’t shoot one.
They kept looking back so I’m thinking a buck was on their trail.
I keep catching bucks still chasing does on my trail cams at night.

The third rut is gearing up. (every thirty days). Guarantee there was a hot doe in the area. I had some chasing like crazy about a week ago.

Aw ....come on man....is this fake news?
Lol.
Kidding....yeah I’ve got several does running around here.
Too many does actually so it’s nice to finally see some bucks in the mix.
My neighbor said he saw a big bruiser about a month ago so it may be the one I saw last night.

Back
Top Bottom