Latest 80% AR build what do you think?

will4me

Wolf Icon Lifetime Supporter
Staff member
351   0
Reaction score
Here is my latest 80% build this is before Anodizing the lower.
Just wanted some input as to what you guys think.
and what Optics should I put on it.
I have a Trijicon ACOG that can be put on it but am open to other suggestions.
What about a EOTech 512, I have used a Sightmark that was good but want to try something a little better.
I have used the Magpul pop up sights but is there any Rail mount metal sights any better.
I used the Palmetto state Upper: PSA 16" M4 Premium SS12G2 5.56mm 1:7 Chrome lined barrel.
With the Midwest Industries SS12G2 12" free-float rail.
The stock is a Black MAGPUL ACS CARB
I have not taken it to the range yet but will as soon as I can when I get some sights for it.
I will post a range report for it when I do.
Thanks for looking.

i62.tinypic.com_2rzui43.jpg

i59.tinypic.com_23u4zzt.jpg

i62.tinypic.com_ih5qu9.jpg

i62.tinypic.com_vpg8bk.jpg

Last edited:

Thank you

Looks good, what is much trouble to finish out the lower?

Not to much trouble to finish the lower, I was doing these on a Drill press now I do them on my Milling machine.
To color it I can have it Cerakoted or Anodize it, either way easy to do.
Just wanted to hurry up and get it together to shoot it, I can put the final finish on it anytime.
Here is a link to a discussion group we have here on finishing 80% Lowers this is one I did: LINK

Last edited:
Nice work! The 80% from my build is still in the box beside the STR stock and parts kit. I have no problem building the lower, but I don't have an upper in mind yet. I do have a cheapy PTAC light weight upper on hand, but I don't think that will be the final one for the 80% build.

Looks great

Thank you

Nice work! The 80% from my build is still in the box beside the STR stock and parts kit. I have no problem building the lower, but I don't have an upper in mind yet. I do have a cheapy PTAC light weight upper on hand, but I don't think that will be the final one for the 80% build.

I too have a Cheap P-Tac Upper and just could not bring myself to put it on this one.
so I ordered the one on it and am very happy with the looks.

Back
Top Bottom