• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Lawmakers approve $1,000 tax on handguns in lieu of total ban

Actually we showed up one day and said, "Guess what, you and your Islands are now part of 'Merica. **** yeah!" more or less.
And they went, "Uh... whatever, you got any of that spam?"

The US only took and keep the MI because it was a strategic position in the Pacific. And it still is. The people there clearly don't want/need ready access to firearms, hard as it is for us to believe. This has simply been a exercise in legal gamesmenship in the wider CONUS 2A rights issue. So its cool that the outright ban was struck down from a precedence perspective. But if the MI government wants to rewrite a defacto ban that is legal, I'm not feeling any heart burn over it. After all a pillar of the Constitution is States Rights (and territories), as in locals are supposed to govern themselves, not have once size fits all Federal law and regulation imposed upon them. Remember that knife cuts both ways.

You do know why the judge ruled in favor of the couple that had been attacked, twice.

upload_2016-4-10_0-28-9.png

Perhaps it's only the wealthy that need to worry about self-defense?

Reactions: MRH
Funny. I think the same thing about you.

Its not about you and your 2A rights to your noise makers. Its about them and what they want.

If all of us complied to your way of thinking, we would all be disarmed. :) I don't think so.

I feel that its none of my business to tell people on little islands on the other side of the world what they should or shouldn't do. Just like I don't care if idiots in Chicago or DC vote for morons who enact stupid gun control laws for themselves.

Are they not entitled to the same constitution?

Are they not entitled to the same constitution?

They vote in our elections and send delegates on behalf of the people. If they are not entitled/subjected to our Constitution, why are they allowed to vote? Of course this is by design and many will fall right in and defend it, right or wrong...This judge was right in the ruling.

I only hope the citizenry there realizes the benefit they have, and the benefit that was upheld, and rightly so...

I feel that its none of my business to tell people on little islands on the other side of the world what they should or shouldn't do. Just like I don't care if idiots in Chicago or DC vote for morons who enact stupid gun control laws for themselves.

Well I can get behind a statement such as that. Even if it contradicts your earlier one:

OTOH- This is a small, impoverished set of islands without the historical or social precident of widespread firearms ownership/use. The last thing they need is someone importing and selling a bunch of firearms to anyone and everyone. Because in reality, only two types of people would be able to afford them, the criminals and the wealthy.

Just because they are an American territory doesn't mean they are America.

They vote in our elections and send delegates on behalf of the people. If they are not entitled/subjected to our Constitution, why are they allowed to vote? Of course this is by design and many will fall right in and defend it, right or wrong...This judge was right in the ruling.

Yes, shockingly yes and an Obama appointee double shocking!

She did the right thing!

And if "historical" precedents have any bearing on gun ownership, then Detroit, DC and Chicago etc, are they a lost cause to be written off?

Back
Top Bottom