• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Lawmakers approve $1,000 tax on handguns in lieu of total ban

You are correct. I'm on the JD nitrous a little and prob went for pot stirring vs reasonable discuss. JamesG JamesG I went a little overboard. But I don't understand the stance on allowing some omnipotent group to allow firearms to some, but not others. Especially when employing tax or other "logic" to restrict ownership.

That's damn good question.

Who are they a territory of?

The U.S. was "founded upon individual freedoms" and the most despised is our 2A rights.

They don't like the U.S. Constitution or the freedom and protections it provides then they can get the **** out and be their own nation and embrace their own rules and means of controlling their population.

Actually we showed up one day and said, "Guess what, you and your Islands are now part of 'Merica. **** yeah!" more or less.
And they went, "Uh... whatever, you got any of that spam?"

The US only took and keep the MI because it was a strategic position in the Pacific. And it still is. The people there clearly don't want/need ready access to firearms, hard as it is for us to believe. This has simply been a exercise in legal gamesmenship in the wider CONUS 2A rights issue. So its cool that the outright ban was struck down from a precedence perspective. But if the MI government wants to rewrite a defacto ban that is legal, I'm not feeling any heart burn over it. After all a pillar of the Constitution is States Rights (and territories), as in locals are supposed to govern themselves, not have once size fits all Federal law and regulation imposed upon them. Remember that knife cuts both ways.

Sickening. If guns make do not us safer, then why does every government on Earth have them, yet their citizens do not?

If anything good can come from this generation of Americans, it should be educating people throughout the world that they have the right to defend themselves. And we have the power to do so with the internet...Perhaps that's why Google and other elitist powers that be cannot stand us and try to block our powerful message. (Think Hickok45)

It's simple. a means of control!

Just like silencing the opposition, just like arresting the opposition for trifling created "infractions" that due process is negated, excessive bail or punishment is levied, no warrant, unreasonable searches and eliminating the opposition, whoever they are.

Gun control has honestly never been about "public safety" it has been a means of control of the (segment) population.

Reactions: MRH
Actually we showed up one day and said, "Guess what, you and your Islands are now part of 'Merica. **** yeah!" more or less.

The US only took and keep the MI because it was a strategic position in the Pacific. And it still is. The people there clearly don't want/need ready access to firearms, hard as it is for us to believe. This has simply been a exercise in legal gamesmenship in the wider CONUS 2A rights issue. So its cool that the outright ban was struck down from a precedence perspective. But if the MI government wants to rewrite a defacto ban that is legal, I'm not feeling any heart burn over it. After all a pillar of the Constitution is States Rights (and territories), as in locals are supposed to govern themselves, not have once size fits all Federal law and regulation imposed upon them. Remember that knife cuts both ways.

So is that a No? You don't feel the people of Micronesia should be able to defend themselves with legally purchased firearms? Regardless of U.S. laws and regulations.
Maybe it was in the dissertation above and I missed it.

Yes, but the bill of rights nullifies anything and everything that would castrate the 2A, even if they do not like it. The un-Civil War decided that federal law trumps state law, so the bill of rights (if nothing else) is certainly the law of the land. And maybe they do not believe the 2A applies to them because of what they see as an unnecessary right, but they will need it, and very much want it, as the government grows stronger and more intrusive on their lives, as we all will.

They may not have much opinion on the matter either way, but apparently the judge in this case did see exactly what I'm saying, and I agree with him, especially since they reap the benefits of inclusion in not only our elections, but our benefits...

Oh it is simple throughout the globe. Those in power (guns) rule those who do not. It's as simple as that and so purely basic.

A politician, a leader, a member of the citizenry who considers your right to obtain and possess a firearm a threat is not your friend.

The litmus test to any leader is just how they perceive an armed citizen?

Are they an asset to a free nation or a threat. It's a critical milestone and one far too many ignore.

Other people (even within the US) do not share that same belief.

The MI does not have a "gun culture". They have no history of gun ownership. They have a very small number of guns on the street. Their culture is "high power distance" as in, there are those at the top, the 'tribal elders" and people tend to not challege that. They are insular as most are related family groups.

They are also dirt poor. Most people can't afford a gun even if they were available. So having legal sales is irrelevant to them, $1000 fee or not. The only thing legal gun permission in that environment is going to do is increase violent crime.

It's simple. a means of control!

Just like silencing the opposition, just like arresting the opposition for trifling created "infractions" that due process is negated, excessive bail or punishment is levied, no warrant, unreasonable searches and eliminating the opposition, whoever they are.

Gun control has honestly never been about "public safety" it has been a means of control of the (segment) population.

Of course. Gun control has never proven to do anything except make law abiding citizens defenseless to dictators, no matter how big time or small time the dictator may be. Even a rapist is a dictator, in a small time, yet sickening way...

So is that a No? You don't feel the people of Micronesia should be able to defend themselves with legally purchased firearms? Regardless of U.S. laws and regulations.
Maybe it was in the dissertation above and I missed it.

I feel that its none of my business to tell people on little islands on the other side of the world what they should or shouldn't do. Just like I don't care if idiots in Chicago or DC vote for morons who enact stupid gun control laws for themselves.

Other people (even within the US) do not share that same belief.

The MI does not have a "gun culture". They have no history of gun ownership. They have a very small number of guns on the street. Their culture is "high power distance" as in, there are those at the top, the 'tribal elders" and people tend to not challege that. They are insular as most are related family groups.

They are also dirt poor. Most people can't afford a gun even if they were available. So having legal sales is irrelevant to them, $1000 fee or not. The only thing legal gun permission in that environment is going to do is increase violent crime.

I was wrong about you...You really don't get it...

Funny. I think the same thing about you.

Its not about you and your 2A rights to your noise makers. Its about them and what they want.

Back
Top Bottom