• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Lawmakers approve $1,000 tax on handguns in lieu of total ban

I'm not a "gun control advocate". But I can see a red herring and trying to jam a square peg thru a round hole when I see one. The locals don't have a problem with the gun ban. Its just a gringo and a Federal appointee lawyer.

The Marianas are not Georgia, the aren't even America. Go research the culture and history and let me know if you feel the same.

Who are they a territory of?

The U.S. was "founded upon individual freedoms" and the most despised is our 2A rights.

They don't like the U.S. Constitution or the freedom and protections it provides then they can get the **** out and be their own nation and embrace their own rules and means of controlling their population.

Reactions: MRH
I'm not a "gun control advocate". But I can see a red herring and trying to jam a square peg thru a round hole when I see one. The locals don't have a problem with the gun ban. Its just a gringo and a Federal appointee lawyer.

The Marianas are not Georgia, the aren't even America. Go research the culture and history and let me know if you feel the same.
Who called you out my liberal gringo?
Do you feel that people have a right to defend themselves with firearms or not? Is the great State of Georgia so special that we have that God given right but the native people of the Mariannas do not? Well Hell, what about Great Britain or Australia? How about those folks in Afghanistan or maybe Rwanda or South Africa? Or Mexico even? Is America the only frontier that could benefit from common people protecting their family with firearms?

They have to dig through their liberal news feed to find a suitable argument, void of facts of course, for a rebuttal. Cheesy at best, D-baggery at its worst.

Gotcha! They used to call that "talking points" Except in the Mariannas where it's now considered the law of the land.

Do you feel that people have a right to defend themselves with firearms or not? Is the great State of Georgia so special that we have that God given right but the native people of the Mariannas do not? Well Hell, what about Great Britain or Australia? How about those folks in Afghanistan or maybe Rwanda or South Africa? Or Mexico even? Is America the only frontier that could benefit from common people protecting their family with firearms?

It should be this simple throughout the entire globe. I don't get it...I just don't freakin' get it...

Ouch, JamesG "is not" a liberal more of an educated libertarian. I do want to know his opinion on U.S. territories when having a few libations.

Ouch, JamesG "is not" a liberal more of an educated libertarian. I do want to know his opinion on U.S. territories when having a few libations.

Same here. I'm not trying to gang up on James. He makes a good argument, some of the time, and I am (almost) certain he "gets it"....

It should be this simple throughout the entire globe. I don't get it...I just don't freakin' get it...

Oh it is simple throughout the globe. Those in power (guns) rule those who do not. It's as simple as that and so purely basic.

A politician, a leader, a member of the citizenry who considers your right to obtain and possess a firearm a threat is not your friend.

The litmus test to any leader is just how they perceive an armed citizen?

Are they an asset to a free nation or a threat. It's a critical milestone and one far too many ignore.

Reactions: MRH

You are correct. I'm on the JD nitrous a little and prob went for pot stirring vs reasonable discuss. @JamesG I went a little overboard. But I don't understand the stance on allowing some omnipotent group to allow firearms to some, but not others. Especially when employing tax or other "logic" to restrict ownership.

Oh it is simple throughout the globe. Those in power (guns) rule those who do not. It's as simple as that and so purely basic.

A politician, a leader, a member of the citizenry who considers your right to obtain and possess a firearm a threat is not your friend.

The litmus test to any leader is just how the perceive an armed citizen?

Are they an asset to a free nation or a threat. It's a critical milestone and one far too many ignore.

Sickening. If guns make do not us safer, then why does every government on Earth have them, yet their citizens do not?

If anything good can come from this generation of Americans, it should be educating people throughout the world that they have the right to defend themselves. And we have the power to do so with the internet...Perhaps that's why Google and other elitist powers that be cannot stand us and try to block our powerful message. (Think Hickok45)

You are correct. I'm on the JD nitrous a little and prob went for pot stirring vs reasonable discuss. @JamesG I went a little overboard. But I don't understand the stance on allowing some omnipotent group to allow firearms to some, but not others. Especially when employing tax or other "logic" to restrict ownership.

I didn't see it as a personal attack. It was common sense! I doubt if James will see it as personal either.

Back
Top Bottom