• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lawmakers approve $1,000 tax on handguns in lieu of total ban

The Commonwealth of Northern Marianas Islands’ total ban on handguns was unconstitutional, their court system saying “because the people of the Commonwealth are part of the American people who have overwhelmingly chosen handguns as their principal means of self-defense,

The House added a $1,000 per pistol excise tax,establish gun free zones around schools, government buildings and places of worship; requires the mandatory use of gun locks for firearms not in use; establishes a prohibition on the carry of firearms outside of the home for self-defense; requires licenses to possess firearms or ammunition; forbids Title II firearms such as suppressors, short barreled rifles and machine guns and establishes an assault weapon ban similar to those in California and New York.

While there are exceptions for law enforcement, some government employees and military personnel, violations of the proposal could incur as much as a 15-year prison sentence. Possession of a single handgun cartridge without a valid license alone could bring a $2,500 fine.

It seems the Commonwealth of Northern Marianas Islands’ may be a US territory. They don't seem to have any constitutional right to the right "of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

The Commonwealth of Northern Marianas Islands’ total ban on handguns was unconstitutional, their court system saying “because the people of the Commonwealth are part of the American people who have overwhelmingly chosen handguns as their principal means of self-defense,

The House added a $1,000 per pistol excise tax,establish gun free zones around schools, government buildings and places of worship; requires the mandatory use of gun locks for firearms not in use; establishes a prohibition on the carry of firearms outside of the home for self-defense; requires licenses to possess firearms or ammunition; forbids Title II firearms such as suppressors, short barreled rifles and machine guns and establishes an assault weapon ban similar to those in California and New York.

While there are exceptions for law enforcement, some government employees and military personnel, violations of the proposal could incur as much as a 15-year prison sentence. Possession of a single handgun cartridge without a valid license alone could bring a $2,500 fine.

It seems the Commonwealth of Northern Marianas Islands’ may be a US territory. They don't seem to have any constitutional right to the right "of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

What?

Aren't those common sense reasonable restrictions for a right to "not be infringed"?

Except for the $1K tax it's the same in the bluest of blue states and even they have taxed ammo and firearms with a "sin" tax ignoring any benefit of being an armed victim, the reduced injury, the reduced lost work time, the reduction in morbidity and mortality.

Why? Cause being an armed citizen is a threat and burden to the public, at least they think so and are making us pay for that right.

How about a $1K poll tax for voting?

Wait, that would be unconstitutional...
That would be epic. There'd be an Equity in Voting Rights Act law passed within 6 months whereby any person receiving public assistance could qualify for a voucher to present at the polling place before voting. I say give 'em a check for a grand the week of the election. 90% will have blown the poll tax rebate and thus be ineligible to vote.

The Japs kicked their ass back in 1940 and owned them pineapple eating idgits. You think something like that would be a game changer. Guess not.

Wonder if this is retroactive? Think of the revenue they could collect against the USMC when all those gun toting bad men waded ashore and freed their impotent selfs from imperial rule.

How about a $1K poll tax for voting?

Wait, that would be unconstitutional...

I believe only tax payers should be allowed to vote, and because I am a tax payer and they (feds) take enough from me every month to make a house payment, $1k is chump change. I'm all for it! $1k poll tax!

I believe only tax payers should be allowed to vote, and because I am a tax payer and they (feds) take enough from me every month to make a house payment, $1k is chump change. I'm all for it! $1k poll tax!

I vote for you. This free loading, no consequence crap is really pissing me off. Mele dies, I'm almost out of Jack and this country is headed straight to Hell. Trump or Hitler be damned!

Back
Top Bottom