Lee Adjustable Charging Bar

I don't mean to hijack the thread but I never had any problem with Varget metering. I don't use a turret press though, I use the lee perfect powder measure.

U can use the Perfect Powder Measure on Turret Presses as well:

http://leeprecision.com/universal-charging-die.html

That said, I have used the Perfect Powder Measure successfully with rifle case loadings, but have found that it isn't as "precise" as the Lee Auto-Disk.
However, it does a very, very good job with "stick" and "extruded" powders like Varget. On the other hand, if I'm using "stick" / "extruded" powders, I tend to
weigh each and every load .. "trickle charging" them to the exact weight.

I always enjoy getting the experienced advice of others here on the forum. I may not always agree with or use it, but I certainly appreciate it! We each have our preferences; I know I do and I'll admit that most of mine is based upon either "paranoia" or experience, and that is good for me ... but maybe not be for others! Each time I look at something that I might find different, I am reminded of an old saying that many will recognize: "There is the right way and wrong way to do things; then there's the Army way of doing things. Here we do things the Marine Way ... Any questions girls?" Don't be offended if you've never heard this before ... just laugh along with those of us who have experienced it!

As you get older (I'm near 70) you will appreciate that you are: Still alive despite some of the things you have done, and Enjoy the diversity of others opinions (even those that you disagree with)!

Thanks ODT ... The Reloading Forum is awesome!

Last edited:
U can use the Perfect Powder Measure on Turret Presses as well:

http://leeprecision.com/universal-charging-die.html

That said, I have used the Perfect Powder Measure successfully with rifle case loadings, but have found that it isn't as "precise" as the Lee Auto-Disk.
However, it does a very, very good job with "stick" and "extruded" powders like Varget. On the other hand, if I'm using "stick" / "extruded" powders, I tend to
weigh each and every load .. "trickle charging" them to the exact weight.

I always enjoy getting the experienced advice of others here on the forum. I may not always agree with or use it, but I certainly appreciate it! We each have our preferences; I know I do and I'll admit that most of mine is based upon either "paranoia" or experience, and that is good for me ... but maybe not be for others! Each time I look at something that I might find different, I am reminded of an old saying that many will recognize: "There is the right way and wrong way to do things; then there's the Army way of doing things. Here we do things the Marine Way ... Any questions girls?" Don't be offended if you've never heard this before ... just laugh along with those of us who have experienced it!

As you get older (I'm near 70) you will appreciate that you are: Still alive despite some of the things you have done, and Enjoy the diversity of others opinions (even those that you disagree with)!

Thanks ODT ... The Reloading Forum is awesome!

I didn't know you could use it on the turrets! I do all my loading using single stage presses at the moment and haven't had any problems with flake, extruded, or ball powder metering properly. I haven't gotten into super precise loading since I'm the limiting factor in my shooting capabilities!

I didn't know you could use it on the turrets! I do all my loading using single stage presses at the moment and haven't had any problems with flake, extruded, or ball powder metering properly. I haven't gotten into super precise loading since I'm the limiting factor in my shooting capabilities!

Thats what Ive been using it on.Works well, except as noted by some of the guys the really small charges are probably best done by something else.

Back
Top Bottom