• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lee Classic Reloader???

calebp

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
231   0
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Was wondering if anyone had any experience with these? Looking at the .44 Mag kit for 30-40 bucks, just not sure to the quality and ease of use. Obviously not gonna crank out rounds like the higher end reloaders, but have a .44 Mag I really enjoy shooting, just tough to enjoy when I know every trigger pull is costing me about a dollar. Been saving my brass and if I could get that cost down to maybe .50 a round or less would sure enjoy shooting it a hell of a lot more. Anything around that price that is superior. Figure if I can get 50 rds an hour at a cost of .50 or less it would be worth my time. Plus I do enjoy tinkery type things so that aspect appeals to me as well.

Thanks Guys!
Caleb

I got my start with one, reloading 45-70 when I was in college. I think they work great, and are a fantastic way to get your start in reloading - you really get to see what is going on at every point in the process.

I've loaded and still have them in 30/30, 30/06, 308, 9mm, 38/357, 45ACP, 223 and 44Mag. I was poor, the most I spent for them was about 10 bucks and garage sale low of $2. Pistol ammo was slow compared to how quickly they were expended. When I had some extra cash I started with a single stage and dies, then progressed to a turret press, then some progressives. Along the way I got into casting which saved a whole lot more on ammo costs. For my bolt, pumps, single shot T/C and lever guns, these kits worked just fine. Revolvers work great too but the auto's can be a little tricky. I'd advise to also pick up the LEE case trimmer for each caliber. Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom