Not open for further replies.

Okuma

Space Force Icon Supporter
crocodylus pontifex
Staff member
Administrator
275   0
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I have a question that I haven't been able to find a solid answer for yet.

I have a friend who owns an Outdoors Trading website and they are considering having a giveaway day sometime in the future. This friend is concerned about some of the legalities of having a giveaway day and would like some advice. He's done them in the past but his site was a good bit smaller then.

Can said business just give away things to members of their site? Or do they need like a sweepstakes statement or something?

Can said business do some of the giveaways for paid members, or "supporters," of the site, or is that considered a sweepstakes/raffle or something?

Can said business give away firearms in the same manner? And if so, what would be the best way to go about doing a firearm giveaway to avoid legal trouble? Buying a firearm with the intent to give it away seems like it could be considered a straw sale if not done correctly?

There is a civitan club in WR that does one every year but as a fund raiser. It’s usually a daily drawing based on numbers from cash3 daily and it goes all month. They use the same gun store each time to supply the guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom