• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Legal Advice on Giveaways

Status
Not open for further replies.
all the more reason to forget "giveaway"Day
So you’re anti-giveaway?
Maybe work out a deal with a sponsor gunshop and have the winner pick it up from them and the LGS bill you?
None of these solutions change the fact that a business gave away the firearm to a paid member.

There is a civitan club in WR that does one every year but as a fund raiser. It’s usually a daily drawing based on numbers from cash3 daily and it goes all month. They use the same gun store each time to supply the guns.
Are they a charity? How do you become eligible to win?

So you’re anti-giveaway?

None of these solutions change the fact that a business gave away the firearm to a paid member.
I don't have an answer, I'm not sure I understand how being a paid member affects it. AO does giveaways and they're a sponsor here. Maybe ask someone over there what or if there are hoops to jump though?

They sell tickets for say $30 each. Same ticket is used all month. So 30 chances to win off each ticket. You can buy as many tickets as you want but they have a limited number they sell. Usually around 1,000. Winner as said above goes to the gun store to pick up the gun.

the proceeds after gun costs goes to a party for local mentally/physically challenged individuals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom