• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Legal Advice on Giveaways

Status
Not open for further replies.
They sell tickets for say $30 each. Same ticket is used all month. So 30 chances to win off each ticket. You can buy as many tickets as you want but they have a limited number they sell. Usually around 1,000. Winner as said above goes to the gun store to pick up the gun.

the proceeds after gun costs goes to a party for local mentally/physically challenged individuals
Yeah so that sounds like a charity raffle which would be different from this.

Are they a charity? How do you become eligible to win?
GA2A (formerly Georgia Carry) does an occasional raffle, with winner determined by the pick 3 lotto number. Might reach out to them for info?

Also, could possibly make giveaway day a raffle, & sell tickets.

Maybe see if a sponsor lgs like TruPrep/GAFL/AO would sponsor the transfers of firearms?

I don't know if this will help or not but there is a gun shop up here that gives a pistol away every Friday I believe. They take names to the week and then pull a name out and they get a free gun. They have to go through the normal background check and typical purchase paperwork but other than that I don't think there's much to it. They might have some kind of other addendum that they have to sign but I can check into it from them.

I don't have an answer, I'm not sure I understand how being a paid member affects it. AO does giveaways and they're a sponsor here. Maybe ask someone over there what or if there are hoops to jump though?
I’m afraid that might change it from a giveaway to a lottery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom