• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Legal Questions? - Get An Answer Here

A friend of mine and her husband was staying at a friend's apartment in FL, she was down there to care for her mother who was going through chemo therapy. The landlord found out and she agreed to vacate by the end of March, but on March 25th the husband slips in the shower and breaks his neck and ankle, and ended up having surgery to repair his C-4. He is partially paralyzed, can walk some but unable to control speech and is confined to bed rest. Now, he cannot work, and neither can she because she has to care for two people. She applied for emergency disability and medicaid but SSA told them it would take at least 90 days (that is if they approve the claim). My question is whether they might have a claim against the landlord's insurance? My homeowner's policy has a small portion to cover guest getting injured on my property, I wonder if apartments have a similar coverage? Hate to go after the landlord, but it's a freak accident and that is what insurance is for. And they have absolutely no money left. I can help a little but not long term. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Say I was on school grounds with a concealed weapon and an armed attacker decided to make me me a passable victim. Would it be ruled as legal self defense if I had used a deadly weapon on school grounds even though I'm legally able to carry inside my vehicle?

Back
Top Bottom