• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Legal Questions? - Get An Answer Here

That may help. Depending on how Robert Donovan feels that day. (City Solicitor)
Hmmmmmm...... I wonder if it wouldn't be worth it in the long run to just get a lawyer and be done with it. I'm assuming for something like this that an attorney could represent me in my absence right? I just don't want my insurance to go up.

Last year a friend of mine got arrested (in Georgia), basically for shooting a handgun while hanging out at home in the back yard with a bonfire and a few beers (I don't know the exact charges at the moment). The pistol was seized/confiscated by the Sheriff's deputy. Now, after going to court and taking some classes, the charges have been dropped. In trying to reclaim the revolver, she is being told that, in addition to getting a form from the DA's office & showing ID, she must show proof of ownership of the handgun.

How can they require proof of ownership in order to get her property back...that they took possession of during the arrest? This handgun was purchased by me, from a Walmart back when they sold handguns sometime in the early 90s...so about 25 years ago. I cannot locate the original sales receipt and the original box was lost in one of 7 or so household moves.

I'm not sure where to go from here.

Thanks

Bill

Back
Top Bottom