• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Legal Questions? - Get An Answer Here

Yes, if you can legally own a long gun in the state of Georgia, you can also legally open carry it in public. (Assuming your AR-15 is a rifle and not a pistol) That being said, don't be that guy. People who open carry AR-15's in public are a nuisance. While it is your right, it does nothing but politicize the majority of people who don't own guns, but don't much care that others do. People who aren't "gun people" are more likely to favor stricter gun control when they are forced to shop among people carrying what they think of as "assault weapons" in public for no reason other than that they can do so, legally. It's nothing more than a stunt, for attention, by people who feel that the only way to celebrate a right is to exercise it in the most blatant fashion possible while not recognizing that doing so does nothing but imperil that right by polarizing the middle (people without strong opinions one way or the other about gun legislation). It gives us all a bad name and is, in my opinion, just plain douchey. Not trying to jump to conclusions about the reason for your question, nor am I assuming that your intent was to exercise your legally protected right in a manner which would reflect unfavorably on the gun owning public.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Georgia
Was not my intent to do so was just wondering if I could haven't been able to find a true answer on line most say that you need a Georgia weapon license to do so

You only need a GWL if you want to carry a pistol, open or concealed, outside your home, car, or place of business. Open carry of long guns is unrestricted, except in gun free zones.

Hi Dean,
My former employer is still using my signature on checks - both for payroll and accounts payable. I am still listed as having signing authority on several bank accounts. I have requested that they stop using my signature (built into the software) several times but they have not responded and continue to do so. What's my next step? I left there over a year ago.
Thanks!

Well, you could always go to the bank, and withdraw the balance of the funds, then when checks started bouncing, they might listen to you.

Seriously, send the bank (local branch manager will do) a certified letter stating that you wish to be removed as a signatory to the accounts (list the accounts), that no one is authorized to sign your name, that any such signature is a forgery for which the bank MAY be liable if they honor the signature, and that from the date of receipt of the letter you have no liability or responsibility for the accounts.

Banks tend to pay more attention when they may be the ones liable.

One you get the return receipt back, don't worry about it.

Was not my intent to do so was just wondering if I could haven't been able to find a true answer on line most say that you need a Georgia weapon license to do so

Here's the law --(b) Any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun may have or carry on his or her person a long gun without a valid weapons carry license, provided that if the long gun is loaded, it shall only be carried in an open and fully exposed manner.

Most will also say you can't buy a handgun, or carry it in your automobile but they would be wrong about that, too.

Totally agree with comments about not being "that guy."

Here's the law --(b) Any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun may have or carry on his or her person a long gun without a valid weapons carry license, provided that if the long gun is loaded, it shall only be carried in an open and fully exposed manner.

Most will also say you can't buy a handgun, or carry it in your automobile but they would be wrong about that, too.

Totally agree with comments about not being "that guy."
Very good finally got an answer don't worry I'm not going to be "that guy" haha.

Hey HeavyD I have a question:

Was in a fender bender. Young lady was driving someone else's car. Hit the back of my car on the driver's side left with her passenger side right as she tried to swerve into the other lane but clipped me. Gwinnett Co. found her at fault, ticketed her for "Following too closely" and found me not at fault at all. Her insurance called me and said "She said you came into her lane and that's why she hit you so we're siding with her and we're not paying anything to you". I stated the police report found her at fault and he said "Police reports are not admissible in court". So now I'm confused, why call the police and get a report for insurance if insurance can say we don't care about the police report? Do I have a reason to open a claim with my insurance to get her to pay for damage to my truck? Or can an insurance company just ignore a police report. That company is Progressive by the way P.O.S. company. Any advice?

Back
Top Bottom