• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

legalities of an underground 1 lane range on residential property.

Unincorporated Cobb, the only restriction is that you cannot shoot over or on someone else's property without permission and then the state restriction of 150' from public road. Am I missing anything that can get a man plinking with 22 quiets in his wooded backyard, with no neighbors behind, in trouble?

Unincorporated Cobb, the only restriction is that you cannot shoot over or on someone else's property without permission and then the state restriction of 150' from public road. Am I missing anything that can get a man plinking with 22 quiets in his wooded backyard, with no neighbors behind, in trouble?

I thought there was a 150' from a house rule too, I'm pretty sure there is in Forsyth county .....???

This is all I can find:

Chapter 86 - OFFENSES AND MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS
Sec. 86-5. - Weapons discharge.
(a)
It shall be unlawful for any person to discharge a firearm, air rifle, pellet gun, slingshot, crossbow or other similar device into or over property belonging to another person or entity without first obtaining written permission from that person or entity.
(b)
In addition to the penalty provided for in section 86-1, if the person charged with violating this ordinance is a minor, it will be within the discretion of the officer issuing the citation to issue a warning. If this is done, a duplicate of the warning will be sent to the minor's parents or legal guardian by certified mail.
(c)
The provisions of this section shall not apply to:
(1)
Persons who discharge one of these devices in defense of person or property;
(2)
Law enforcement officers in the performance of official duties;
(3)
Military forces of this state or the United States in the performance of official duties.
(Ord. of 6-27-00)

The state law requiring 50 yards from any street or Highway has a new exception for when you are not visible from the road.
See 16-11-103 (c) and note that it applies to varies kinds of private or public shooting ranges.

I thought it was illegal to discharge firearms in all of Cobb County (with the exception of licensed ranges). Maybe that applies to hunting only.

Back
Top Bottom