• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lenox or Trane

The best systems in my opinion are in order Mitsubishi is probably the most reliable, Quite and efficient the drawback is heat pump only, Trane XV18 or XV20 pretty much Mitsubishi technology since Mitsubishi technology and Trane USA combined and formed the new company METUS but are pricy I personally have not had any major issues with them, and for the best entry level system Rheem/Ruud are very good systems. Only buy a Lennox if you want a new friend the repair man, not to mention that Lennox lied about the efficiency of their systems and the department of energy got involved and made the entire industry change the efficiency ratings last year.

FYI Trane is a extremely liberal company that really don't care about their customers they I have had to wait weeks for parts that failed on new systems not the XVs though.

The Japanese bought them all, and now they have Japanese technology and they brought in a very nice equipment called “Daikin” to compete with Lennox, Carrier & Trane. As someone posted here, “take care of your system, keep it in good maintenance and don’t fall for the scam called ‘You need a tune up’ ”lol…

Don't forget installation that will make or break a HVAC system.

The Japanese bought them all, and now they have Japanese technology and they brought in a very nice equipment called “Daikin” to compete with Lennox, Carrier & Trane. As someone posted here, “take care of your system, keep it in good maintenance and don’t fall for the scam called ‘You need a tune up’ ”lol…
Thru the years as a GC, I built quite a few projects that specked Daikin mechanical equipment. To say I was impressed with them is an understatement. We had less “New” equipment issues than any other we installled. Amana was second to that.
We replaced our home system 5 years ago with Daikin / Amana. Air handler furnace and A coil is Amana and condenser unit is Daikin. We use a 4 inch pleated filter system that gets changed twice a year. All good.

At work we just switched from Lennox to York, but 99% of what I buy are commercial rooftop units. We have thousands of Lennox units and our maintenance team seems to be happy with them. I don’t know if it translates to the residential line, but we have had good luck with them. Time will tell on the York units…

At the old house we had a little Rudd that finally died and I replaced with a Goodman. It ran trouble free for the short time I was there after. Only trouble I had with Goodman was at a rental house I owned that the installer said was a bad batch of coils they had at the time. He replaced under warranty.

The house we are now in has a Goodman, but it may be toward the end of its life. I have considered hitting up my rep and maybe getting a good deal on a York, if they prove themselves.

We’ve got Daikin in our house. One dual fuel unit for the main floor and a Daikin mini split for our bonus room. No complaints so far.

The best systems in my opinion are in order Mitsubishi is probably the most reliable, Quite and efficient the drawback is heat pump only, Trane XV18 or XV20 pretty much Mitsubishi technology since Mitsubishi technology and Trane USA combined and formed the new company METUS but are pricy I personally have not had any major issues with them, and for the best entry level system Rheem/Ruud are very good systems. Only buy a Lennox if you want a new friend the repair man, not to mention that Lennox lied about the efficiency of their systems and the department of energy got involved and made the entire industry change the efficiency ratings last year.

FYI Trane is a extremely liberal company that really don't care about their customers they I have had to wait weeks for parts that failed on new systems not the XVs though.
Perfect! My Lennox guy is already a good friend!

If I were to choose be the 2 it would be Trane.
I know a guy that works for a company that only installs Lenox and they always have problems
I know someone else that works for a company that only installs Trane and not many problems with them.
My neighbor put 2 Lenox units in and has had a lot of problems

Look at the actual manufacturers of the units. Some of them make 2 or 3 of the same ones and the only difference is the label plus the extra hundreds of dollars it costs you if you select the wrong one.

I used to work for an HVAC dealer. The main unit came in a box with an envelope that included 3 stickers. Depending on what the customer demanded to have would determine what label we stuck on the cabinet.

Back
Top Bottom