• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

LEO reaching in vehicle?

If you're really that pissed file a Tort (form 95). Makes them **** their pants that they're gonna lose everything.

Thats bull****, you can file all you want, the people that review those things are the guys they drink beer with after work. Complete waste of time and energy, asshole cops are my number 1 pet peave.

I thought they had to have provocation?? Which I think you gave by showing the tickets.... still kinda rude to just grab them out of your hands....

Agreed. still plain sight since you opened it up to be seen. Same thing, if you opened the case up and two bags of dope were inside, he's gonna grab it before you try and conceal it. Past citations could prove to be potential warrants if they had not been taken care of.

Previous citations could be considered potential evidence. If those citations were not dealt with and there was a warrant issued for the person that received those citations then the officer has a duty to pursue that avenue. I'm not saying it was 100% right on his part but I seriously doubt you'd win that arguement in any court. It was more of a him being over-zealous and fishing for something else but I just don't see that it would be something he'd get hand slapped for doing.

Yesterday I was riding passenger in our company's work truck when the driver got pulled over for speeding. The first thing the LEO said was "Where's the registration for this trailer?". We started looking around and I pulled the little zip up book cover that comes with the manual. There were citations inside the book cover. The LEO saw these and REACHED IN THE VEHICLE and took them from me. Is this illegal search and seizure?
No.

Agreed. still plain sight since you opened it up to be seen. Same thing, if you opened the case up and two bags of dope were inside, he's gonna grab it before you try and conceal it. Past citations could prove to be potential warrants if they had not been taken care of.

Bingo.

Back
Top Bottom