• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Let the haters start posting!

Alright here is a little update, the Mustang frame has been de-horned smoothed and rounded there are no more sharp edges. The slide should be done in a week or so, the slide is having the sights milled off and flat topped along with opening up the ejection port.
I will stipple the front and rear strap of the frame and the top of the slide to aid in one handed cocking if need be. I have ordered a new titanium trigger that will replace the nylon factory one. The finish will be ceracoated dark earth I think.

DSCN5440.jpgDSCN5441.jpgDSCN5442.jpgDSCN5443.jpg

Last edited:
I applaud your customizing. Up to the point you said cerakote (on a Colt?) , but hey...it's your piece. What ever you want. In for the finished pics !

ummm nope but it was a standard blued colt mustang with black nylon grips, think I will go with grips something like these made at altamont corp

www.altamontco.com_experimental_shared_photos_medium_CM_CP05_C01.jpg

Last edited:
what is wrong with cerakote (on a Colt?)!!! My Mustang is a tool to be used and I like my tools to be as user friendly and as maintenance free as possible (parkerizing or Cerakote). Cerakote is good enough for all the other gun makers and military why not Colt?

Here is a little update sites have been milled off slight flat top has been done to the slide. It is just painted in a dark earth at this point. I still have to glass bead the front and back strap and the top of the slide, then off for the real coating! Notice nothing to catch on clothing or pocket. The flat non-glare easy care finish will be nice.
gun2.jpggun4.jpg
gun3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom