• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Let the haters start posting!

Most shootings happen with 25ft or less, average Reaction/Action time of 1.5 seconds is
sufficient time for an attacker to close a reactionary gap of 7 meters. So I think the question here is how do you aim your CCW when presented with the facts above.
You don`t, you pull and shoot center mass, this is where practice comes in.​
This makes sense. Back in the late 80s/early 90s the Bibb Co Sheriff decided that 1) He did not like Glocks and would not have anything to do with them and 2) All the deputies needed to learn how to point shoot. Not a bad idea as far as I can see. So he had all the duty Smith autos rear sights removed. I understood the point completely but it pissed off a lot of deputies.

Most people THINK, if I am going to be in an altercation where I will have time to use my gun I will be able to pull, aim and fire!
So sights IMHO are kind of a neglegent item on a CCW.

Most people THINK, if I am going to be in an altercation where I will have time to use my gun I will be able to pull, aim and fire!
So sights IMHO are kind of a neglegent item on a CCW.

I'm all for point shooting. I practice it regularly and it's easier to do than people realize.

That being said I think having sights is still a necessity. Just because most self defense shootings are in point shooting range doesn't mean all of them will be. I would rather have them and not need them than need them and not have them(kinda like the whole reason I carry a gun...)

Most shootings happen with 25ft or less, average Reaction/Action time of 1.5 seconds is
sufficient time for an attacker to close a reactionary gap of 7 meters. So I think the question here is how do you aim your CCW when presented with the facts above.
You don`t, you pull and shoot center mass, this is where practice comes in.​

Yep, sights in most civilian gunfights are not used.

Back
Top Bottom