• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lets see your "Nightstand Gun"

I have always liked these especially in .45ACP. Maybe someday I will be able to get past that hole in the side of the frame and buy one.

I was a 1911 snob for a long time. These carry so much better. They are so much more comfortable. 8 rounds of 357 is comforting. The 357 mag is a 327 night guard. It is a new frame Smith and only weighs 26 Oz empty

IMAG0896_zps726d48eb.jpg

I was a 1911 snob for a long time. These carry so much better. They are so much more comfortable. 8 rounds of 357 is comforting. The 357 mag is a 327 night guard. It is a new frame Smith and only weighs 26 Oz empty

How does it shoot with that lighter frame? Some how I imagine the .45 version is a little smoother than the .357 version. It is a nice gun though. Didn't they make some of those with a rail? I know that is kind of blasphemy but as a carry/night stand gun, 8 rounds of .357 magnum and a weapon light is a serious combination.

Edit: It looks like they did. A PC R8. Pretty cool piece.
i261.photobucket.com_albums_ii74_mu5ic_f4n_TRR8ns.jpg

Last edited:
How does it shoot with that lighter frame? Some how I imagine the .45 version is a little smoother than the .357 version. It is a nice gun though. Didn't they make some of those with a rail? I know that is kind of blasphemy but as a carry/night stand gun, 8 rounds of .357 magnum and a weapon light is a serious combination.

Edit: It looks like they did. A PC R8. Pretty cool piece.
i261.photobucket.com_albums_ii74_mu5ic_f4n_TRR8ns.jpg

That's a really nice wheel gun. No jams, no FTF/FTE, failure drill-pull the trigger again. I have a newer Smith with the "lawyer lock" and it seems fine, despite some heavy loads.

Back
Top Bottom