• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Let's talk 9mm hosts.

bluesman2a

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
32   0
Reaction score
OK, I have a Mystic on order and am looking for a good PISTOL host to shoot it on...

I already have a couple of 9mm AR's (carbine and pistol), so I'm covered there.

I also have Gen1 (maybe 2, can't remember) Glock 34, a couple 1911's in 9mm, and a CZ-SP01 in 9mm.

So a couple of questions:

1) Glock 34: can I use the aftermarket threaded barrels for like a 17 or 17L for this? I've just never seen one specifically for a 34.

2) 1911's: If I buy an aftermarket threaded/extended barrel, how much of a PITA is it to get these fitted? Who's barrel should I look at for this? FYI, the 1911 I'm thinking about here is a RIA tactical 5"

3) CZ: I think this would be my preferred host, but in what little reading I've done, the SP-01 doesn't have a readily available threaded barrel in the aftermarket. Am I missing something?

Alternatively: Should I look at buying another (yeah, like THAT would be a hard thing to swallow) 9mm host? What do YOU recommend?

Thinking here about possibly standard CZ75, maybe an FN, not a Sig fan, not an XD fan... Just not sure who has stuff pre-threaded that's worth looking at.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I don't know about the 34, but lone wolf makes caliber conversions for stuff like this. I recommend contacting them. I have a threaded 9mm barrel for a Glock 22 to convert it into a model 17. The barrel needs to be made for model you have. The 34 might have to be a special order

pistol wise, glocks are the easiest and one of the best in my opinion. You need a 34 specific barrel for your 34. I would go find a 17 or a 22 for cheap and buy one of my LWD barrels that should be here this week.

for carbines, its mp5 or GTFO.

-the SMG snob

1) Glock 34: can I use the aftermarket threaded barrels for like a 17 or 17L for this? I've just never seen one specifically for a 34.
LW has threaded barrels for the 34 http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1035&CAT=237

2) 1911's: If I buy an aftermarket threaded/extended barrel, how much of a PITA is it to get these fitted? Who's barrel should I look at for this? FYI, the 1911 I'm thinking about here is a RIA tactical 5"
A decent gunsmith can do it, I read about people doing it online. I bet RamRoddoc or Howie would really know about it.

3) CZ: I think this would be my preferred host, but in what little reading I've done, the SP-01 doesn't have a readily available threaded barrel in the aftermarket. Am I missing something?
CZ aftermarket threaded barrels are friggin impossible to find. Tornado tech could extend and thread the stock barrel for you.

Thinking here about possibly standard CZ75, maybe an FN, not a Sig fan, not an XD fan... Just not sure who has stuff pre-threaded that's worth looking at.
cz75 is on my list of "to have threaded" one day, just need to find one first!

Unless you just want an all steel/alloy CZ, the P-07 has the option from the factory. I have, or should say the wife has, this pistol as an EDC.

I have a lone wolf G34 and G17 (and G26) threaded barrel... after putting the Huntertown Guardian 9 on the G34, it was really front heavy (and I'm pretty sure the Mystic is heavier than the Guardian). I like shooting the G17 the best out of the three.

The G26 barrel was kind of an impulse buy because they happened to be in stock when I was looking for one- they were the only barrel in stock at the time.

I have yet to get taller sights for any of the 9mm hosts. That really needs to happen soon.

Also- find and buy all the 147 grain subsonic 9mm you can. 115 grain standard ammo isn't quiet at all.

I have a lone wolf G34 and G17 (and G26) threaded barrel... after putting the Huntertown Guardian 9 on the G34, it was really front heavy (and I'm pretty sure the Mystic is heavier than the Guardian). I like shooting the G17 the best out of the three.

The G26 barrel was kind of an impulse buy because they happened to be in stock when I was looking for one- they were the only barrel in stock at the time.

I have yet to get taller sights for any of the 9mm hosts. That really needs to happen soon.

Also- find and buy all the 147 grain subsonic 9mm you can. 115 grain standard ammo isn't quiet at all.

how did you like the Guardian? I have one waiting on form 4 now.

pistol wise, glocks are the easiest and one of the best in my opinion. You need a 34 specific barrel for your 34. I would go find a 17 or a 22 for cheap and buy one of my LWD barrels that should be here this week.

for carbines, its mp5 or GTFO.

-the SMG snob

Jake, if you have one of those for a 34, shoot me a PM and let me know what the price is.

As for MP5... Well, we can't all be ballers like you man, my 9mm AR cost me a lot less to put together from parts. In a more perfect world MP-5's would sell at a more realistic market price, like everywhere else on the planet. :mad:

cz75 is on my list of "to have threaded" one day, just need to find one first!

Keep an eye on The Georgia Gun Store's FB page, that's where I found my SP-01 and they have a pretty good number of CZ's move through there at really decent prices.

Yep, I learned that the hard way when I got my .22 can. Still having a hard time finding standard/subsonic rounds. So with my 9mm, I'm starting massing ammo early (while still waiting on the stamp).

Thanks for the replies so far folks... good stuff here...
Still interested in hearing more on the 1911 side if anybody has any insight.

how did you like the Guardian? I have one waiting on form 4 now.

With the right ammo, it's awesome. Definitely not .22 quiet, but still pretty darn good.

I can shoot 115 grain standard ammo with no ears and no ringing afterwards- but there's no pretending it's quiet. I had some old Master Ammo (?) 147 grain subs that were great. Just sounds like a thunk-ssshhh. I wouldn't let loose with it in the backyard, but if I did it wouldn't draw too much attention.

Cleaning isn't a big deal either- I thought it was funny that the other company advertised their "Click to Assemble" baffle stack- the Guardian is the same, they just don't advertise it that way.

Back
Top Bottom